Will Someone Help?

raymahasay
Community Member
Hi!
Since last couple of days, my computer is giving terrible trouble. I have already informed my Computer Engineer to come & help me out, ASAP.

But, he is out of station, & will be back soon. Somehow, I cannot rely on any new engineer, at this hour of crisis, & make things worst or,I leave it to all of you, as to should I take this risk?

My last few presence in Community, to the best of my knowledge, were to congratulate others, etc.. each time my name gets typed twice. Have checked Settings, no signature is saved there.

I wanted to insert a map in my Item Description, day before yesterday evening & I was horrified to discover a black map, which shows that,I have never ever sold anything.. TILL DATE.

If I am to IGNORE EVERY TROUBLE, the SCARY THING HAS HAPPENED THIS MORNING. Now, I can sign in very easily with my password (this is a very recent one), in any & every way, Caps On/Off & other ways..too!!

Immediatedly,I checked the password in my Officially Registered gmail, - YES, CAPS lock on/off etc were fine, at least, just a minutes back. I am clueless what to do now.. I am unable to Save Anything, Leave Feedback, cannot take chance to List Items.. helpless in this Festive Season.

Shall be grateful for all suggestions.
regards.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Will Someone Help?

Hi Sriparna,
You please keep in touch with CS.Sometimes it is time consuming.But it is done.They are nice guys.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Will Someone Help?

krishnaindia
Community Member
Hi

Tell me a few things :

1. What Operating system do you use : XP . 2000 , vista ..?
2. What browser ? Internet Explorer , firefox, Safari .. ?
3. What is the item number for the MAP issue ?

Am I getting this right ? -

1. You have problems only with EBAy sites not with GMail ?
2. Every other site other than eBay is working ok ?

Things to do straight away -
1. Get rid of all cookies and ad ware .
Use adware (lavaspot) /spy bot . Just run it . You lose nothing .

2. Clear your cache . Should be in your browsers tools-> options.

Keep posting here as what is happenning .
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Will Someone Help?

raymahasay
Community Member
Respected Amitava da & dear Krishna,
I use XP, Internet Explorer, & maintain my system with care. At the outset, I want to thank you, for standing by my side, at the hour of need. Also, the support extended by the Live Chat team, working beyond duty hours, for the past 3 days, is unimaginable, & indeed it has touched my heart.

Best of the best possible engineers have worked through out the day & have left my home, now. Cookie & Cache, I clear regularly. I keep a close monitoring over toolbar also - rightly pointed out by Amitava da, over phone.

Actually, the entire problem, to the best of my understanding is that, in some way or the other, there has been a massive virus attack. & please note, my anti virus is purchased & not pirated.

The engineers would be back again tomorrow, to try solve the rest. This is a TEST REPLY.
I AM JUST CHECKING. Have duly changed my eBay password, but not sure whether should I change gmail id at this juncture, which has an add on id & the question of Pay Pal security is what am worried about.

Yes, Krishna, initially the password problem was with eBay only, but, thereafter, like a wild fire, here n there, & thus in gmail also, - on & off. Someone told me that, if I have a hotmail id (i am very comfortable with it), it often may come up with problems.

As for Map, or, anything is concerned, if the system fails to take basic commands, every thing goes beyond control. I have again, enabled the Map, just as a test case, - let me try, whether these people could do a good job, till now.

As of now, nothing much is what I can write, have not slept for almost more than 49 hours. Shall keep you updated.

best regards.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Will Someone Help?

raymahasay
Community Member
sorry, i meant, gmail password, & not the id.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Will Someone Help?

krishnaindia
Community Member
Nice to hear that things are now getting sorted .
Also if you write a lessons learnt by discussing with your engineers , taht will be really helful for rest of us .

Things like

1. What was the main reasons ? Was it purely a virus issue ? It is a norm to blame anything wrong to viruses.

2. Tell us more about the toolbar thhing you mentioned to have discussed with AmitavaDa.

3. What all you fixed to get things right back on track ?
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Will Someone Help?

raymahasay
Community Member
Hi Krishna,

I said, to the best of my understanding, I think that it may be a virus attack. If the EXACT REASON could be detected by engineers, things would have been 100% solved by now. & I would not have written that this a post reply - I AM JUST CHECKING. Anyway, I guess, this, this esteemed platform should not be used for a technical problem of my computer.

Anyway, I am having to disable Map. I was referring to the eBay toolbar. Amitava da, with all his good intensions tried suggesting me a few probable causes, when I called him to ask for the same.

Many thanks.
Shriparna.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Will Someone Help?

Hi Sriparna,
Now it should be okay.You should have shown patience.Many weired things happen in the net.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Will Someone Help?

raymahasay
Community Member
Respected Amitava da,
TILL NOW - ALL EFFORTS HAVE FAILED. It is so kind of you to encourage me again, thus, replying.
Contineous sleeplessness actually has made things worst, since yesterday.
I AM CONFIDENT - PATIENCE PAYS. - WAITING FOR THAT NOW.

sincerely,
Shriparna.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply