cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do eBay India sellers have an 'ignore the customer' attitude?

sg02023
Community Member

I have been an international e-Bayer for nearly a decade now and have purchased 100s of items from sellers in USA, UK, Canada, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, mainland China and of course India.

I relocated back to India in 2013.

Over the course of my interaction with Indian sellers in the past two years, I have noticed the following behaviour:

1)Very few respond to customer queries on listings. They mostly go unanswered. Compare this to our Chinese sellers, despite having a poor grasp of English language, they make it a point to respond to each query in a timely fashion. I cant recall any incidences when they've failed to do so, even if the response is in broken english.

2) Almost 80% of Indian sellers do not leave any buyer feedback after the transaction. In my experience with International sellers, almost 100% of them leave feedback as soon as they ship an item. Why this disconnect?

3)Initiating returns is a harrowing experience in India, as compared to a no-questions-asked experience with international sellers. In India, the eBay India team thrusts the onus almost entirely on the buyer to do all the legwork, provide reasons and upload pictures , chase the team severla times before the team even bothers to respond back. Why this third world tretament to Indian customers?

I'm fairly certain that the response to this post would be either a complete denial that these issues exist, or worst - no response at all! 

Please understand that as a highly experienced eBay community member, I'm taking out time to provide you with valuable feedback which can only help you to improve the eBay India community, not to drag you to a consumer court or spoil your performance appraisal rating! 

Happy ebaying to all! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

hello,

You are right as point of view of replying buyer query. most of the seller do not reply to buyers query on time. ebay have best system to interact with buyers but no one use. 

while coming to matter of returns, we are selling on ebay since long time and concluded that in india, there are many fraud happened compared to other ebay site. 

Most of buyer purchased new item and keep the new item and open the claim that item is not working or received wrong item and send other non working item, which they have already and get refund from ebay. They are so smart brothers hence ebay india claim system is bit tuff job . while in another countires, buyer do not do fraund excepts negerians. 

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes I can believe that there might be relatively higher cases of 'fradulent buyers' in India - we do have a higher number of low lives compared to western countries. But there must be a way to fix or address this issue and it still cant be a valid reason to deny proper return service to the other 95% of consumers with genuine return cases.

In fact buyer rating is a system which could be used here. Auctions are not so popular in India, but in the early days of eBay I was not able to bid on many items as I have didnt have a high enough buyer rating. Sellers have full control over who bids for their items. I think it is time to implement such a system here too.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

you are right. it is time to implement more tools on ebay india which is more famous on bay USA and UK. 

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply