cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why do Sellers make their ID Private........?

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

I was just wondering why Some Sellers make their ID Private ?

On making their ID Private the FEEDBACK SCORE doesn't show up against their ID. Only Percentage Rating shows up. Also that others are not able to see what Items the Seller has sold and what are the comments left by the Buyers on those specific Items.

I would like to know what the Community thinks about this issue.

What do you think can be the reasons for a Seller to make his ID Private?

Buyers, Sellers & members who have turned their ID as Private may reply to this Topic.

Replies from NEW MEMBERS with ZERO rating would also be highly appreciated.

They can tell us if this issue is confusing or simple ? Do they avoid buying from those members whose ID is Private OR Does it hardly matters while making a purchase?

Your replies to this post would enlighten the Community.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

skyshopindia
Community Member
Dear Umangji (Indconcepts)

I am not supposed to put my openion for this topics, as I never use this feature, and I am not a new member and also I am not a regular buyer.

Still as a member of eBay community, this fact(Making Feedback Score - Private) is still a 'Paheli' to me.

In Baazee days also there were same concept "Private Item", but that had some explanation. Where buyer's id was kept in privacy who buy private product, like ladies underwear's, sexual items etc. This is Indian culture, where we still feel shy to purchase such items. So as per Indian Culture, this is simply a gesture.

But here the reason is totally unknown to me. As per my thinking those members (buyer/seller) are very suspecious who kept themselves in dark by means of this "Private" feature.

As a buyer I will never like "Private". And as a seller also I didn't find any positive effect of this feature.

This is my opinion only, not to hurt others who use this feature for any positive purpose.

Regards
Achintya Ghosh
Skyshopindia
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi Achintya and Umang,
I met Umang for the first time when probably I was having a -ve and new tag on me.But I was not pvt.Umang, thanx for your help in those days.This is probably an international concept.I have seen international buyers use that and its still a new concept at eBay.in..One member uses that for posting only .But that is how he feels comfortable.Nothing wrong in that.This concept is basically international concept.They like privacy, and that way they feel comfortable.
I dont think there is anything more to this. What do you say?;-)
Truly
Amitava
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

posting.id.in
Community Member
"Why have you made your ID PRIVATE.

This is because there is a provision and one may do it for various reasons.

Similarly, kaya_jewels might have done it, which may not be a violation."

It seemed sometime back that ind_concepts knew all about the topic. Now he is asking exactly the same question which I had asked ๐Ÿ˜‰

My id is private as it is only a posting id.

-------------
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hi posting.id.in,
Nothing personal.But you sure write nice.:-D.I enjoy reading them.
Amitava
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Umang,

There may be a various reasons for a member who keep their profile as private.

Some members are shy and don't want to show the comments to others.

Normally most of the sellers / buisness persons show feedback open (like us) as to develop trust. I personally think showing the feedback is a good habit.

So posting.id.in has made his id private as he uses only for the community boards. Thats cool.

Looking forward for the posts from more members who has kept their profile as Private. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear posting id in,

Hello,

My main purpose of putting this TOPIC is to create awareness regarding how members use this TOOL in ethical & un-ethical ways.

Replies to this TOPIC is definately going to enlighten the Community.

Not many people know that your ID is for posting purpose.

Similarly, not many people know that its an International concepts where people prefer privacy.

Not many know that an Item is prefered to be kept private when its value is high or where the Item is such that one feels enbarrassed when shown in public.

Hope to get many more replies.

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I think we should not focus too much on posting.id.in.There are many other pvts.They should be participating here. The purpose of this discussion is something else.May be I may decide to become pvt if I find some advantage being pvt.A little lady from Belgium is my repeat buyer.She is pvt.,,Truly,,Amitava
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
some sellers may keep their feedback pvt, so that the other buyers do not come to know about them. very oftem buyers leave a +ve feedback with a negative text... eg: item was good but packing was bad...or item was good...but took 45 days for delivery etc.. this is likely to affect sales...so keeping the feedback pvt helps in such cases..... Posting Id....is a mysterious man......!!! :-x certain people like him..luv to keep feedback pvt juss to keep the suspense alive....as till date ive not been able to find out who he is....hehehehe :^OPosting....i need ur comments on my posts regarding shocking suspensions, prohibited items and ebay motors.... he may be a bit irritating at times...but he talks sense!!! and i think ebay listens to him...:-D
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

You are there.He is a perfect gentleman.Truly,,Amitava
Message 10 of 11
latest reply