VENGEFUL RATINGS by 'dealsnoffers'

dr_jonas
Community Member
I had ordered for an item from a seller called 'dealsnoffers' on 9-03-06 and paid for it IMMEDIATELY through PAISA PAY. When I had not recieved the item after 7 days (the seller had given a shipping time of 1-7 days), I promptly contacted the seller (on 16-03-06) but the seller DID NOT BOTHER TO RESPOND. When I had not recieved the item or any reply till 20-03-06 and no response from the seller inspite of warning him that I would be forced to give him a negative feed and file a 'Not Recieved' report with E Bay, I gave him a negative feedback. The seller then responds by GIVING ME A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, stating that the courier had got returned since there was 'no service' in my place and that I was an 'Impatient buyer". Now, please be aware that there are more than 4 reputed courier services operating in my place (Professional, DTDC, Blue Dart, Franch Express, etc.) and it is the seller's full responsibility to choose the appropriate delivery service. Even if he claims that the delay was due to the wrong courier service, then he should've immediately contacted me. On the other hand, he did not even bother to reply after I contacted him!

Now, as a buyer who has promptly gone through the proper procedure of ordering, paying on time, contacting the seller, etc. what do I end up with? A NEGATIVE RATING!!! This is absolutely MALICIOUS AND VENGEFUL and such CHEAP-MINDED sellers are a disgrace to E-bay.

Moreover, what is very unfortunate and disappointing is E Bay's policy regarding Feedback Disputes - according to which there are only a handful of specific & rare situations when the feedback will be removed. Basically, in my situation, I cannot get any action taken on this or have such a vengeful negative feedback removed. (there is an option of 'mutual feedback removal', but why should I compromise with such a seller when there's no fault on my side?)

WILL E BAY BE MORE SENSITIVE TO SUCH ISSUES? And hope this incident serves as a caution to other buyers against to beware of such sellers.

Comments / views are welcome and a response from E Bay would be very much appreciated.

-Dr. Jonas Suganthan
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ppjewellers
Community Member
Hello Dr. Jonas Suganthan

We understand that it feel awful when you receive a negative feedback for none of your fault, but this is how it works on ebay. Every seller knows that if he gets a negative rating withdrawing it is the only option to get rid of it. This is the only reason most of the sellers follow such practice. All I can suggest you is that since you have a low feedback score you can think about opening a new account with ebay cause ebay will no way remove or edit it.

In my case we received 2 neutral feedback due to ebayโ€™s fault during migration form baazee to ebay. I tried my best to get it rectified but nobody listens here.

Best Regards

Surjeet Kakkar
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Forgive me please,If a buyer pays up,his resposibility is over.Giving a paying buyer -ve is,somehow,not good.We are giving neutral to non paying buyers.Isnt it?What do you think?Thanx,,Truly,,Amitava
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear dr_jonas ,

The Seller's Profile shows No longer registered with eBay ..... maybe temperarily.

I would suggest that for non-metro locations Buyer must cooperate till 2 weeks.

There can me many reasons for the delay which are sometimes beyond Seller's control.

But, I agree with Dr. Jonas Suganthan that if the Seller remains in touch with the Buyer, things don't go out of control.

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

dr_jonas,Sir,
Please excuse me.Selling is his bread and butter.He is also a power seller,which means eBay has rated him as a committed seller.He made only one mistake.He should have opted for good old indiapost when courier option failed.I request you to resolve this issue mutually.Please send him an mfw form.I am sure he will keep his commitment because that is why he is here.Thanx,,Truly,,Amitava
Message 5 of 5
latest reply