Using PaisaPay with 3rd party sites :)

m-solutions-in
Community Member
Hi,
im a web developer, and working with paypal is a charm, ... was wondering if there is any or any plans of offerring paypal like merchant services with paisapay?

there are existing merchant payment services, but majorly unknown, or very expensive for a small time e commerce website, ... if paisa pay could give what paypal does in US,.... it would be gr8!

please let us know ...

M.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hi,
PaisaPay is best in all respects.
But they avoid listening to good advice.
Sort of stubborn and conservative like Hindoo Brahmin.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@ m-solutions-in,

Very honestly speaking, PaisaPay offers better service to the buyers than PayPal.

PaisaPay representatives are more responsible than PayPal. I have been using PayPal since a long time even before I was using eBay. PayPal is not only expensive for the sellers but also highly unprofessional. Towards the buyers also, PayPal has tremendously failed.

If you search for complaints regarding PayPal, you will find horror stories from sellers as well as buyers.

PaisaPay on the other hand has got efficient and effective team.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Comparing Paypal with Paisapay is like comparing a cat with a dog. Paypal is more like an online Bank where you can park your funds(without interest), transfer them through internet from urs to someone else's account. Also it has been integrated in eBay but functions separately.

Paisapay is a service offered by eBay.in . It's like you are using turbolister or selling manager, It will only deduct 5% or so from what buyer is paying and will transfer the fund to sellers account once buyer confirms receipt. You cant store your funds there nor can you use that money for purchases unlike paypal.

Paypal is a big company and is considered western union of internet. Its business for year ending in July 2009 was over $669.3 million(including profits of bill me later).. (Also to add even skype is owned by eBay)

So building something like Paypal in India in not only difficult for eBay but also is not worth as paypal itself can be used in India.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

m-solutions-in
Community Member
@linusstudios - im not talking about the whole functionality of paypal cloned,... all im suggesting is paisapay which acts as a inhouse payment processor for eBay, must open up to act as a payment processor for 3rd party sites, like paypal merhcant services.

@real.phoenix - yes, but most of those horror stories you find are from people living in countries where either paypal is not supported, or they are out there bitching about paypal, and recommending another service!!! ... the actual/ genuine complaints about paypal may be a tenth of all youll find!

yes people have had issues with paypal, but consider a world without it! ...

other companies are just as expensive or unknown and bring little trust onto themselves. PayPal is owned by eBay, and hence the trust factor, a dollar extra in fee for me is better than my money going away and i have no way to find it.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

PaisaPay needs a banking license. Then it can take deposits in advance and issue debit card against that. Indians have money. They barely need a credit card. They need a trustworthy company.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

m-solutions-in
Community Member
i dont think so.... they already are doing the same thing for eBay! ... if u search for payment processor india, u get a whole lot of non-banking companies who have set up payment processing,... the only vital factor "trust", is missing!
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

m-solutions-in
Community Member
any thought on this, ... anyone light bulbs on within the ebay team

M.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hi,
I have used PaisaPay for other site indirectly. A buyer purchased 3 items at ebay US but his bank money transfer to PayPal was delayed. So I suggested him to buy a low value item at eBay India.
I sent the PaisaPay invoice by adding 3 US items cost as shipping charges.
This is not a solution, but you can also try this as shipping cost additions. Buyer must trust you. PaisaPay is damn cheap.
The real solution is they should allow us to send PaisaPay invoice.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

corporate_storehouse
Community Member
there are cheap payment gateways nowdays available in india supporting major banks & Visa/Master cards.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply