Unethical practices at eBay

surjit1754-2008
Community Member
From my dealings & the interaction with eBay, I find that an unholy nexus is operating with the objective of misusing funds of innocent & gullible buyers by adopting the following strategy:

-the items are listed by the sellers (supported by eBay) which virtually have no stock of these goods & the buyers are trapped for placing the order & to pay the cost online.
-the buyers' funds get locked with eBay as the seller does not ship the item ,but gives false status of having shipped the item by providing factitious tracking number.The customer has to wait for his funds till the lock-in -period is over.
- after expiry of lock-in-period,instead of refunding the amount of the buyer,eBay raises a false appeal on behalf of the seller to keep the claim on hold.
By adopting this modus operandi,eBay continues to ultilize the funds of the customers without any cost/burden for so many days/months.
This has happened with me & I observe the same from the complaints of other buyers.
It is pertinent to mention that despite my repeated requests,no action was taken by eBay to verify that the shipment has been made or not in my case.Further,no explanation has been given as to how the refund was put on hold stating that the seller has appealed against it when the seller has rebutted this cause of action .
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

pmas7828
Community Member
It is actually fraud and needs to desist
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@surjit1754-2008...

Please understand one thing very clearly that ebay will never keep your refund on hold unless the sellers specifically makes a request to ebay to hold the refund. So whichever seller has told you such a thing is telling a lie.

2nd part is that when you are so upset with this issue then why don't you not make the sellers id public so that all buyers can benefit from it. Why do you have a soft corner for some seller who has conned you. The seller should feel ashamed, not you.

Ebay should punish those sellers who list items without having stocks and those sellers who provide false shipping information(well that is reduced to some extent when ebay introduced "Powershipping"-but again sellers who use powershipping have no logo or mark displayed like powerseller logo so that buyers can come to know that this seller uses ebay powershipping).

Ebay should never compromise on these 2 aspects ever.

Please make the sellers name public now.

StopandShop
Message 3 of 3
latest reply