True colour of ebay.

kgho2638
Community Member
I booked a TV (32EH 5000, SAMSUNG) through Ebay on 03.04.2013 and paid the amount charged.
Now, the seller contacted me over the phone at 2.35 pm on 04.04.2013 and said that I would have to go through a lot of hassles to pay entry tax etc. Then I instructed him to cancel the purchase. I got an email from Ebay on 04.04.2013 which conveyed the following message. “Seller has refunded you for PaisaPay Id 33423496338. The seller is unable to ship eBay Item "BRAND NEW SAMSUNG 32EH5000 FULL HD LED TV + ONE YEAR SERVEPRO WARRANTY" (0) by 13-Apr-13 and has initiated a refund for it on 04-Apr-13 with a message to you: buyer wants to cancel the order. The refund will be processed in 2-3 working days. You should be able to view the refund amount of Rs. 28,418.00 in your credit card statement / account once the refund is processed”.
Today is 11.04.2013 and the amount has yet to be refunded. I lodged a complaint online with ebay and the following message was sent to me. “Your claim (no: 196043 for PaispayPay Id:33423496338 and Item id:221209368881) has been raised. Rest assured, eBay Customer Support has started working on your concern and we will be in touch with you. Today, eBay Customer Support contacted me only to say that my complaint has been registered. When I asked the caller when the money will be refunded, she said that all she could do was to inform me that the complaint has been registered. Now, I know my money has gone down the drain, but I want all of you to learn the true identity of ebay. I will take them to court and advertise on all newspapers this trickery.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

True colour of ebay.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received the refund. I can assure you from what you said that the seller has refunded your money through the system. Now ebay does a bulk refund and sometimes it gets delays from bank side or due to some technical issue.

This happens on all websites as all have to depend of a payment gateway that sometimes creates problems. I would suggest you do wait for a few more days and check your account cause I have also had these issues but have always received the refund.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

True colour of ebay.

Its very sad it has happened however be assured eBay will refund your money faster than any other ecommerce site. The reason i am telling you is because i have also faced such problems that too with not a small company but Yahoo India Ltd., wherein last year I tried to register a website online and a payment of Rs. 17,000/- was taken twice and it took me almost 2-3 months to get the money back but not before many emails and followups.
The stupid reason given by Yahoo was that I tried to shop using my debit card and that Yahoo Only accepts credit cards. Funny isnt it..... Once refund is initiated by the seller it takes atleast 10-12 days for the money to come back to you.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

True colour of ebay.

some.ancient.king
Community Member
@kgho2638,

I am sorry to know that you had an unpleasant experience while making a purchase on eBay.

However, you need to understand that you purchased a product from a 'Seller' on eBay. It was not sold by eBay. It was sold on eBay. You need to understand this difference. eBay only facilitate you to purchase a product. Hence, it was the 'Seller' who failed and not eBay.

eBay has guanranteed you that you will receive the refund of your payment. There is no doubt in this. The money will be deposited into your CC account in 14 days.

Your frustration should be against the seller and not against eBay.

Regards,
From Hell
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

True colour of ebay.

Dear @returned.from.hell

Please understand that eBay has already sent the buyer this message "Seller has refunded you for PaisaPay Id 33423496338. The seller is unable to ship eBay Item "BRAND NEW SAMSUNG 32EH5000 FULL HD LED TV + ONE YEAR SERVEPRO WARRANTY" (0) by 13-Apr-13 and has initiated a refund for it on 04-Apr-13 with a message to you: buyer wants to cancel the order."

This message is sent only if the Seller initiates the refund process. eBay on its own cannot send this message. However ebay has its own timeline to refund and the refund does happen within 12-15 days.

So you cannot justify the buyers frustuation against the seller as he has done his job. Also the money taken from the buyer is with eBay and eBay transfers the same only after the confirmation of delivery from the buyer or if the seller is using the courier services of eBay then the funds are transfered after the confirmation of the courier company and eBay does not wait for the buyers confirmation.

So please relax and followup with eBay.

Sellers are here to do clean business and there can be exceptions on both sides.

Thanks.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply