cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The one paisa Auction and the Rs 300 Deliery charges

captsekh
Community Member
Saying the Auction is for one paise and then charging Rs 300 for delivery is really robbery!
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

anilshahapurkar
Community Member
100% CORRECT.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

unnackan
Community Member
if something is wrong with the item you are not likely to get any protection as the cost is less than 50 rupees?? and if it comes to a refund do you get only 1 ps back?? Ah , may be you should send the item back with your own money before getting that 1 ps!!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
hello..please refer my post on Proposed Feedback changes...voice ur opinion..am sure ebay pinks will think about them!! as regards one paisa and delivery Rs. 300/- IT is Robbery...Normal shipping charges by courier are upto 50 Gms - 25-40 , 50-100 Gms 40-80, 100-250 Gms Rs 80-150/- depending on Loacation... Hence i advocate that the feebdback should on the basis of points...further there should be a cap on Shipping prices..depending on the nature of Item - to ship a laptop it costs about 1800..but to ship a watch it costs about 60..... ebay pinks........a reply from you please
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

karanmalik
Community Member
well the solution is simple : DONT BID ON IT!
Yeah...the seller is not forcing you to bid on his items, if you find his listing inappropriate, then dont bid on it!
You really dont expect to sell you a watch for 1 paisa and then take only 60 bucks for shipping do ya! Hes here to make a profit!
I personally do not agree with this 1 paisa thing, i just think its a gimmick by ebay so that they can advertise "buy laptops for 1 paisa"etc etc etc...you get the point,
Anyone who is selling his item for 1 paisa will keep an abnormally high shipping cost. Thats obvious. So in a way ebay is actually promoting sellers to keep high shipping costs.
As a buyer, the best you can do is, move on to the next listing mate!
Cheers.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

lyrical9
Community Member
what is ebay reply why are u silent on this 1np = 300rs postage is this fair or u encourage such practice reply dont be silent ebay staff fellow dealers are confused by this trendlyrical9[shop philanumiscom ]
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

lyrical9
Community Member
dont bid is not correct explain ur policy on this every one will start this who will trust ebay then think over it
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

lyrical9
Community Member
captseth thanks for ur support all ebayers stand agaist this policy
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

eBay discourages sellers who charge abnormally high charges. Such paractices lead to bad buyer experience and are often a reason for non-fulfillment by buyers. Thus resulting in loss of a buyers for all sellers.

If you come across such listings, I will encourage you to report the items to eBay. The Customer Support team will investigate the case and take appropriate action.

To report the same, you may:
http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html
Listing Violation >>> Listing Policy Violation >>> Circumvention of eBay fees >>> Excessive Shipping and Handling

The link for the same is:
Email to Customer Support

Regards,
Sapana
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

a4akshay
Community Member
Hi,

I went to the eBay.in homepage and clicked on the link for 1 paisa auctions. Then I chose to see all 1 paisa auctions.

This link showed me 12113 items out of which more than half charge a lot of money and offer the item for 1 rupee!

I reported 9 of those items.

Regards,
Akshay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply