TOTAL DISASTER ON EBAY FROM NIGERIA

bay_jyoti
Community Member
DISASTER: Within a week, 3 of my 'BUY IT NOW' items are clicked "purchased" by Nigerian frauds on EBAY; each one with a similar story to tell. I ask all of you, is it a business website or a children's joke going on? Total amount of the "purchased" items is Rs 22,000/-. It could've been well over 22,00,000/- had I listed costlier items or more of them.
Am I supposed to waste all my time correcting and complaining these frauds? Even EBAY must be wasting much of it's resources for these frauds. Are the EBAY administration and we the businessmen combined together ain't smart enough to outsmart those 'duffer' frauds from Nigeria, coming with same old story every time?? I am already feeling like a stupid. Don't EBAY administration ever feel the same, being made fool daily by Nigerians?

EBAY has to correct this system (of selling without the consent of seller) immediately. How can they "sell" my things to any Bas***d from Nigeria and charge me the commission as well!
Have a look at the Email that that fraud Nigerian has send me:
---------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:35:28 +0000 (GMT)
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.co.uk. Learn more
Subject: Re: You Won eBay Item: BRAND NEW NOKIA 6600 CAMERA PHONE (BOX PACKED) (6464996865)
To: ebay_jyoti@yahoo.com

Hello seller, i receive a mail that i am the winning buyer of an item, i am mrs Jen Obaseki from India,currently in London for businee trip i want the item to be shippped to my husbad in Nigeria as a birthday gift, i also want you to calculate the total amount cost of the item as well as the total amount cost for shipping and send to me so that i can make payment in money order to you via online western union money order immidiately and i also want goods to be shipped to my husbad immidiately payment is made
And as well i would also want you to send me your full contact address for payment as well as your contact details
First name
Surname
Address
country
zip code

eBay wrote: eBay sent this message to jen obaseki (mrs_jenobaseki).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Congratulations, the item is yours. Please pay now
--------------------------------------------------------

Look at the line " My husbad in Nigeria" (not husband;
Really very bad!). In a previous Email of these frauds, it was business partner instead of husband, but the rest was similar.
Now look at the last line............. EBAY has even "congratulated" her for harrassing me.

It is clear that we sellers now demand one of the following things:
1. Previous system of verifying the identity and residential address of the buyers by post/courier or,
2. Right of the seller to accept or reject a buyer; as I have suggested in a previous post.

COME OUT PLEASE!!!!! Yours always
Jyoti
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
Its a problem we all face. Ebay must have improoved system of properly scanning the communications to identify these frauds & suspend their actions automatically. FVF credit must be automatic & fast for all such cases. Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
ID : emailswarup
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
EVERYBODY HERE FACES THIS PROBLEM,THE ONLY SOLUTION IS REQUESTING EBAY TO SATRT VERIFYING THE BUYERS FROM LONG TIME AGO.PLZ EBAY LOOK INTO THIS MATTER,IT IS VERY SERIOUS.

ATUL
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
Many other auction sites have started member verification. PayPal has. Hope ebay will start atleast an optional verification in near future. Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
Kolkata
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

kumarr68
Community Member
It is the same story for everyone. I recomment ebay to close this online business and save our time too. It is just a waste of time doing business here in ebay. It is high time everyone knows about this and better do business in some other websites. Ebay doesn't even bother to bring the frauds under the law.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

ganeshimpex
Community Member
hi all
as we are new but we web developer so we can understand that it is not a easy task...most of negrian use stolen credit card..they give there register address of india (most of time) and in payment they give address of negria..now tell me how ebay can detect that person is fake and not able to complete the deal.. for that you have to look it we are also getting around 2-3 orders every day from negria..which was rejected and quanity remove at instant means( 48 hrs) on auction just do not use buy now option simple..ebay cannot detect them if they created at 12 am who is seating in ebay office to see them...they only can block the Ip address of there PC to access the site...that is best they can do...

and what you suggest verify each buyer there approx 1000 of new buyer hit every day in ebay.in so is it easy to verify them

with regards
ganeshimpex
Message 6 of 6
latest reply