cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestion about feedback policy (auto feedback for missed feedbacks)

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Most of the sellers and even some buyers complain about non-receipt of feedback at the completion of the deals. I suggest that in the following two circumstances, ebay should arrange to put identical Automatic +ve feedback mentioning something like (say) Automatic +ve feedback

1. If either of the seller or buyer has put a +ve feedback for a deal and the other one has not put any feedback within (say) 90days from the end of the deal or (say) 60 days from the date of feedback given by one of the two participating members of the deal, which ever is later.
2. In case of a member being suspended / who has ended membership, all his participating members who has already paid but not recd any feedback within (say) 90 days from the end of the deal or (say) 30 days from the date of suspension, whichever is later.

Before putting such auto +ve feedback, ebay can give the member a notice of (say) 15 days for comments and mentioning that the feedback will be posted automatically unless put on own.
This will not only help the sellers who miss a lot of feedbacks mainly from the stray new members but will also help those who have completed deals but has not recd a feedback as the other member has been de-registered / suspended.

Hope others will agree to this detailed proposal. Please feel free to point the -ve aspect of this suggestion. I like criticism as helps refine ones planning.

Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

soumi_kolkata
Community Member
I do not have feedback from one member. His registration is now not valid. I have completed deal. Very good deal. Will be happy if ebay implement this opinion.
Soumi
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
Some additions :
Ebay should also allow members to put their feedbacks for those members whose registration is currently not valid. Many +ve FBs even after de-registration would mean that those members awaiting delivery / payment from the de-registered member have less to worry. Whereas too many -ve feedbacks flooding on will mean the member may be involved in fraud activities and ebay & other members dealing with him can take necessary extra pre-cautions.

Thrice in my 3 months membership, I recd items from members who were de-registered at that time. All were nice. Had I been able to put my +ve FB at that very moment, it could have consoled many other worried buyers like me.

Also when some member is deregistered, ebay should mention the date of de-registration in the ID History and put a re-registration date on revival of the account.

Please comment freely.

Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

ponti_in
Community Member
nice detail sugestions ........:-p
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi Rohit / Sapana,

Do you find any substance in my suggestions (incl. the annexure). Shall be glad to have your opinion, even if its -ve. Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
ID : emailswarup
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi mansurrizvi,

You are crazy. How can you conclude that I am a fraud & actually an ebay stuff / agent? Its ridiculous. May God help you to be positive !! Judge properly and in depth before putting such personal allegation on a community board.

All my sellers & buyers have my complete address and my phone nos. incl. mobile. Some of them do interact with me regularly and some even personally. I feel happy that I have been able to meet such wonderful peoples thru ebay. Ask them to know whether I am a fraud or an honest member.

I get multiple feedbacks from the sellers just because I buy multiple items from them. I always return to the seller from whom I have got good deal(s). Your flimsy statistics that I have recd 5 feedbacks from a seller in a single day lacks substance. Do count properly. However, if I had bought 5 or 10 items from a single seller within a couple of days then I could have recd 5 / 10 feedbacks from that seller may be even within few minutes. Nothing absurd in that. I can show numerous such examples in many others profile.

Some of my suggestions do receive comments from ebay staffs because they feel those to be good for comment. But please note that such a detailed suggestion like this one has not recd a single reply from any ebay staff. In fact I feel hurt about this and more so to see all your rubbish, instead. When you are wasting so much time on me ( I feel honored !!) then do take note of my multiple comments where I have also criticized the lack of action of ebay staffs or some policies of ebay. I put my comments impartially.

Dear, also please note that I put many suggestions in ebay boards because its my hobby to put my ideas & comments on net. I have won even cash award for that from ideaexplore.com years ago. In their site you can also see my photo on the home page and do take a note that I am Mr. and not Miss as you presume. In Bengal Swarup is a male name whereas the feminine version is Swarupa. Considering that you are from UP & that too from a different religion, I think your mistake in gender is unintentional . But do take care about that while writing in future.

You seem to have problems with ebay. Many people do. You can definitely put on your comments wherever you want. But dear, don't put such false allegations like I am a fraud or actually ebay staff or agent. By the way, I am a Project Engineering Consultant doing business with French clients and do have my Export license and also multiple Visas stamped on my passport. Gems is my passion and thatโ€™s what I mostly buy / sale in ebay. Its also to know new persons but good ones and definitely not anyone with a utmost โ€“ve mindset !!!!

Do take care while putting some allegations otherwise nobody will assign any importance to your comments. Also some people can put you in trouble if you don't leave such bad habit of putting false allegations.
My parents had taught me a small lesson when I was a child - when you point your finger towards someone and criticize, do remember that 3 more fingers point towards you !! I always remember that. Hope you can take a note also.

Wasted too much time for your illogical & impractical comments.
Lastly, just a request - please be positive and think good. It will make your life happier.

Regards
Swarup Dutta
03325633773 Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hi Swarupji,
How are you doing?Just I went through the post and i wanted to say that Ignore this types of Comment,Really a very sad and Unfair,How can anyone say you fraud,Your Excellent Rating shows that you are a Superb and Very Genuine Buyer and sellers are always happy dealing with you...Abt eBay ...they are the people who are really without any sense of Responsibilty..They let honest to Suffer and Fraude to Njoy ...!Very true ....

Anyway I do always read community post and I will be there to see that proper reply to be given to the post which are indeed imp.

Your Suggestings are Nice....Hope someone listen and take steps.....(Someone means eBay:)

Thnaks,
Deep.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Dear Deep,

Heartiest thanks for your support.
I am really happy that I got to know nice & co-operative persons like you thru ebay.

I do believe that in every aspect of life there is something positive. Your posting reinforce that belief.

Hope ebay will do something to avert such undue hassles created by crazy members like mansurrizvi.

Shall get in touch soon. Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello emailswarup,

Once again, thank you for your suggestions related to Feedback. As I have mentioned elsewehere, we are looking at ways in which we can increase the awareness and usage of feedback.

We did consider this suggestion of yours of automatically leaving feedback a certain days after the transaction, if the trading partner has not done so.

Feedback is meant to be a tool by which our users can rate their experiences with other users. As eBay only facilitates the trading, we do not know enough about the trade to actually leave a feedback on behalf of one of the users. Therefore, I am unsure of the value of this feedback for other users.

I agree with the views expressed in your annexure. I will forward it to the concerned team for their purview.

Once again, we appreciate your taking the time out to provide us with your insightful suggestions. I apologize for the delay in responding to you this time around.
Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Dear Rohit,

Thanx a lot for your reply.

About the delay, its better late than never.

Hope other members will put their views on my suggestions and your remarks. Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 10 of 12
latest reply