cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stop the Way to Fab sale fraud show- I know it's a scam

nakul.prabhu
Community Member
I applied the coupon of 100% off on one item, twice. Once on 14th March night and once on 15th March morning. The coupon was applied successfully but the payment doesn't succeed. The item cost was Rs.279. And so the payment I had to make was Rs.0. According to you, I should click on Pay Now button to confirm the order at Rs.0. Which is where I think the cheap tricks kick in. It fails always! Giving an error as "Service Unavailable". Immediately, I try the 20% coupon, apply it and press on Pay Now. Oh Wow, it proceeds this time. Whom are you bluffing Ebay? How can the 100% off coupon fail and this 20% off coupon proceed? I've realised that the whole promotion is a scam, and you guys do not want to actually give off stuff even to loyal customers like me. Lost faith in Ebay by a considerable margin.
And to add to this, this happened with my brother as well. He too got the same error for the 100% coupons. I'm pretty sure we were within the top 40 to apply and confirm it. This is what I hate about a few companies. They run cheap scams! This is no different than those advertisements on TV, which sell stuff which promise make you taller or slimmer etc.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

mohan55raj
Community Member
Correct guys 100% and 80% doesn't work. I entered exactly at 8, no use. what a fool trick.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

vampirerxx
Community Member
today i also tried buying my phone screen guard and case
after successfully applying 100% off coupon when i clicked pay now nothing happened
same thing happened to me 2 days ago
now i think this is totally fake.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

someshpan_9766
Community Member
WTF ebay?
i was about to waste my time in getting up early and religiously try for the coupons.
Now i know its a waste of time.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

WTF is actually a WTF :)) ALL MY BUYER HAVE CLICKED ON BUY IT NOW AND NOW SAYING THEY ARE NOT GOING TO PAY FOR THIS AS THEY THOUGHT THEY WOULD GET 80% DISCOUNT ON MY LISTING . WTF IS WTF X-(
Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

umalaxmi
Community Member
Its a trick which is cheap and unfortunate. Inspite of this, they propagate the same again and again.

They could have simply put 10% offer...rgt
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

broy2224
Community Member
I have same experience for 100. 80 and 40% coupons. These coupons really does not work. Every time my efforts ended with the computer screen of "server unavailable" or "Coupon not active" or "Time expired".

How can "coupon not active" can come? then why coupon posted on site?

But, in all this coupons of 20 & 10% works very fine.

This promotional offer is fake and cheating with customer.
Ebay has good reputation so this type of cheap ideas are not required.
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

nakul.prabhu
Community Member
Hi all,

I'm not sure if Ebay has rectified their flaw or did something else but the 100% coupon worked for me yesterday after all!! It worked for my brother as well, twice!
Looks like it's not a complete fraud! It worked after all these tries...
Message 17 of 17
latest reply