Sale of Pirated and Cracked games on EBay

jagad_45
Community Member
I had bought Assassins Creed III by auction for Rs. 365. The claim was New and Unused.

What I receiver was two DVDs containing a copy of the pirated version of the game with the crack. Even that was uselee as the software was corrupted.

When I submitted a claim tp Paise pay, it was rejected.

My confidence in EBay is shaken.

I was under the impression that EBay does not sell counterfeit or Pirated games/software.

I was wrong.

Now I should tell my friends and others and warn them.

Sankar
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

jagad_45
Community Member
Some years back I had purchased Adobe Photoshop on EBay. It was not a genuine product. It was noticed by EBay and I was advised not to pay the seller.

I had listed Windows 7 signature edition for sale. It was removed though it was a Genuine product gifted to me by Microsoft.

Has EBay decided to take the side of sellers of Pirated versions of games and software?

The Officer who contacted me over phone did not even seem to know about Pirated games and Cracks. If you do not understand these how can you judge?

It is sad day for me that I have lost my trust in EBay India.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Dear Sankar,

Always, see the seller feedback before you buy. That will make sure, you do not incur such issues in the future.

In terms of fake sellers, plying their trade on Ebay. Just report it to Ebay.

Regards
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

jagad_45
Community Member
What is the use of reporting when EBay even refuses to acknowledge that. The person on the Phone from EBay told me that the Guarantee does not cover DVDs.

This is not a DVD purchase. But the purchase of a game. When I told the person that the person did not even begin to understand. Kept on repeating about DVDs. Total ignorance about Games and Pirated/Counterfeit games.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply