SOME ONE CALLING CLAIMING FROM EBAY

rendezvousimpex
Community Member
Hi
I am a ebay member recently i ordered a cockroach repellent and i received it. There was a call 0n 06-06-2009 from the number 912266041200 about 11.30 am a lady claiming that she is calling from ebay and asking my login id etc.Is it true that the call originated from ebay.I am not feeling comfortable after the call about my personal information with ebay.
Get back to me ASAP.

REGARDS
N.SUBASH
email-subhash100ft@gmail.com
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

sikkim_bazar
Community Member
what you can do is..if u get similar calls.. ask that lady's number and name and tell her you will call back. No matter what the other person says do not share your ebay id or anything else.
I used to get calls claiming from ebay then i asked for their number and told them i will call them back when i m free, from then i never heard from them again.
I hope it helps.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

rendezvousimpex
Community Member
HI
Thanks for the suggestion,will do the same.

Thanks
N.SUBASH
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

fashion-badshah
Community Member
The number given by you is Telephone number of Ebay India.they often call buyers to confirm if they have receive item or not.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear rendezvousimpex,

Welcome and thank you for posting on our community boards.

It gives us great pleasure to have such informed members like you on our platform.

We can confirm that the call originated from one our customer support teams and the number belongs to eBay processes.

Such calls are being made for verification purposes and we understand that user information is critical to be shared however eBay ID can be shared as it is a public information but you would never be asked to share your password or any such secret information.

Hope this helps!

Please let us know in case you need more clarifications.

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 5 of 5
latest reply