Revamping Discussion Boards Structure

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users

Over the past few months many of you have visited discussion boards, some very frequently and others less regularly. Over the time you have preferred to frequent some discussion boards, while other boards have not been very popular with you.

In order to make the forums a more relevant place for you, we will be removing the boards that are not used commonly. We will be making the changes by Wednesday, 15th March, 2006.

The new structure of discussion boards will be as follows:

-Selling on eBay
-Help from other Users
-Buying on eBay
-Category Discussion Boards
-Fun and Games
-Online Workshop
-PaisaPay
-Feedback to eBay India

All other discussion boards will be removed. All relevant threads from the boards that are being removed will be transferred to the Category Discussion Board or Selling on eBay Discussion Board.

If you have any suggestions on the new structure or wish to save a particular discussion thread, kindly post your views on the this thread

Warm Regards
Sapana
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi Sapana,

I saw a recent suggestion of Sanjeev (ID: syg3) on this board. I think you may consider to have a board as "Possible Fraud Alerts by Members".

A visit to this board will help many cautious buyers to avoid possible frauds, mainly the regular cheaters like Shakawat Hossain, the Nigerian frauds and others.

However, if such a board is made functional then eBay will have to check about any hoax alerts and remove those from the board periodically.
. Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup Dutta
Kolkata
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

karanmalik
Community Member
Thats a very good suggestion actually. I definately second that.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

There are both advantages and disadvantages of a board for possible fraud alerts.

The benefit of such a board is that users can have a look at the boards to ensure that they are not transacting from a fraud users.

However, one of the biggest disadvantages, as emailswarup rightly mentioned is that, such a board can have high incidence of hoax alerts and can become subject to possible misuse by competing sellers. In such a situation the board will loose all its credibility. I also have concern on effectiveness of such board.

The existing tools like feedback system/ Contact us link are more effective in alerting both users and eBay against possible fraud. For example, the best way of warning other users about poor product, shipping, user quality is the feedback system. The best way to alert eBay of a fraud user is to inform Trust and Safety team by Contact us link. The team works closely with Indian Law Enforcement agencies to bring fraudsters under law.

Based on my thoughts above, I feel that it might not be a good idea to have a separate board for Fraud alert. The users who wish to discuss their negative experience can always post the same on existing discussion boards.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Good Thing! Its always better to have most popular board than no posts sections. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

deltamarketing_in1
Community Member
Hi Sapana,

Well, this is an interesting Board and much information was communicated back and forth between existing and prospective Global sellers. I as a seller found it quite worthwhile. Many novice Global Sellers could still benefit from the same.

A pity so see it go!

Regards
deltamarketing_in1
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

uni2708
Community Member
with respect to This Discussion Board is going to be removed by 15th March 2006

you mean to say there will no discussion board dedicated to Power Sellers anymore

Pawan
Signature:

Pawan ๐Ÿ˜‰
ebay id : uni2708
I sell ebooks and digital products, wanna sell like me and get rich.
My ebay store http://store.sellebooks.in
My hostting site http://www.oxyura.com cheapest hosting in india.

"Even if you are not Hungry be Greedy"
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

skyshopindia
Community Member
A good change.

But there should be a separate head like "International Selling Query". As this is one of the main feature of eBay to be discussed.

Although it is there in current board. But not that much effective. It should be highlighted like "Help for Other use", then I am sure it will be beneficial for Members.

Achintya Ghosh
Skyshopindia
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi uni2708,

We propose to remove the Power Seller Board, for the usage of the board is really small.

The reason behind the same is, too many boards with little usage increase the clutter, and divide the community. Lesser number of boards, with greater concentration of members, will help in improving the quality of discussion.

In future, if there are enough number of Power Sellers who wish to have a board dedicated to Power Sellers, we can re-introduce the board.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi skyshopindia,

I agree with you that the International selling Board should be useful, specially for users who are into global selling. In fact, this was the reason to introduce the board.

However, we found that the board is hardly used. We will try to save all the useful threads from that board and move it to the Selling on eBay board.

We propose to removing the board for now. If there are lot of users who feel that they need a separate place to discuss International Selling, we will re-introduce the board.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 10 of 12
latest reply