cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund and Pathetic attitude of eBay customer care Rep

I had purchased an item, which I received in very damaged conditioin. Claim id: 342443. Ref #: 1-17781463243.

Only mistake on my part was I logged the claim for wrong reason, and eBay closed it. And now I can't log claim again and Ebay is not ready to give me refund for it. I wrote to seller with pictures of damaged item. He says eBay  has to give refund as its damaged in shipping. I sent multiple emails to "incswebhelp@ebay.com" and received no response. 

Last I spoke with Mr.Irfan Khan with eBay customer service, and he was so arrogant and not willing to help, he even accused me of making fraud by making different statements. I was told if seller informs eBay, then only they can give refund, and seller is asking me to send the damaged item back. I am more than glad to send it back, but Why should I be paying for return shipping? when its not my fault? Is the consumer court only option available for me? As customer care rep made clear than eBay is not going to refund or help??

Has anyone else encountered similar issue??

Regards,

Vaibhav Gandh

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Refund and Pathetic attitude of eBay customer care Rep

hsundar
Community Member

I too had a similar experience when i was in receipt of a broken item. Ebay pointed finger @ merchant. Merchant pointed finger @ ebay and and after 3 weeks of follow up i got a email with 48 hour deadline to ship the product back myself. I was on an international travel at that time and trying to talk to customer care is most useless... I am left with a broken item with my money surpped by ebay. 

I have learnt to never give any business to ebay from now on

Message 2 of 2
latest reply