Receipt of improper Item

venky57
Community Member
Dear Sharad Digumarti,

I bought a Sony MP3 player from a seller Rajib1978 from e-bay. Since I was to travel abroad on June 5, I asked the item to be delivered before that date. I had made payment on May 31 and was promised delivery in 3 days. However the item was delivered late after I left. I got it sent to me at some expense to myself. On receipt of the item I found that the MP3 player was of only 128Mb capacity though what was listed was 512Mb capacity (Item 9732841943). Moreover the LCD display was not working. When I raised the issue with the seller I was asked to send the item back for a replacement. Unfortunately I am out of the country and will be back only in the first week of July. I have asked the seller to wait for my come back and he has agreed. In the meanwhile I had recommended this purchase to my son who also bid and won the same item. In spite of making prompt payment, to this day he has not received the item. I also notice that in the meanwhile the seller who had a rating of 100% when we bid and purchased has dropped out of e-bay and his rating has also dropped to 75%. I am concerned about the money we had paid ( me and my son) and wonder whether we have lost it forever. What is e-bay doing to prevent fraudulent sellers and protect the genuine clientile? I hope you have some buyer protection schemes so that we do not end up losing our hard earned money.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Receipt of improper Item

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear venky57,

Yes, we do have Buyer Protection. You can view more details here - http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/esppp-process.html

I request you to please follow the process detailed above.

We constantly review our user activity, and remove users who we feel do not fit into the eBay community. This could be the reason why the seller you have purchased from is not part of the site now.
Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Receipt of improper Item

nbcinternational7
Community Member
Hi Venky57 !

You can make a chargeback with your Credit Card company if you have paid through Credit Card.

If you have paid through any other means, do complete the Buyer Protection process as mentioned by Rohit, and you shall surely receive your funds back.

Thanks

NBC International
Nimesh Chotaliya
Message 3 of 3
latest reply