REPUBLIC DAY PROMOTION PURCHASE GIFT

khalijana
Community Member
I received the gift which I had selected (HIP STREET BT HEAD SET HS-BTLITE-BK) on March 9th, 2011. It was DEAD ON ARRIVAL. I tried contacting the distributor (Global Infonet Distribution Pvt. Ltd by phone & email - no response. I contacted ebay customer care - they told me that I would receive a bill, following which I should take it to the service centre.

Neither have I received the bill or any response from the distributor to five reminders.

I again called ebay HQ this afternoon and they were not able to help. I spoke to the ebay customer care centre and the same response - you will receive a bill and then take it to the service centre.

When I asked where would this service centre be in Pune - they do not know. I was told that I should look it up on the Internet !!! WOW ebay does not know where their supplier have their service centre & the supplier does not respond.

I asked to speak to a senior person and that was not possible as per the person on the phone.

How does ebay expect its customers to know where their supplier have service centres - in Pune. Who is going to pay for the time and money for one to get this item to and from the service centre ?

So much for ebay Purchase guarantee - they guarantee the goods from sellers, but are unable to guarantee goods from their suppliers.

I look forward to an immediate resolution.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

REPUBLIC DAY PROMOTION PURCHASE GIFT

khalijana
Community Member
Just an update - no progress as yet other than that I should forward (email) my issue to inpromotions ebay India. I am surprised ebay Customer Service could not do this.

However, I did so and no response as yet; neither have I received the invoice and guarantee card for me to get the NEW item repaired.

Obviously ebay does not care for the negative publicity for a Rs 1000 item.

My only option is to courier the item the ebay Country Manager along with the correspondence for him to know what transpires between ebay india and its customers. I am sure he will take required action.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply