Product conking out soon after purchase

rapapara69
Community Member
I recently purchased a Rechargeable Torch sold by hozefa1981. A full online payment was made through my credit card. On receiving the product I followed the instructions which asked me to charge it for 15 hours.
After the 15 hours I put on the torch. It glowed well for around 3 minutes and then gradually died out. I've tried charging it twice after that. It just doesn't work. Given my knowledge on how this torch works I think a spurious or bad quality rechargeable battery has been used. It is clear that the supplier has not tested or checked the item before dispatching it. Can eBay help me in getting a replacement or a refund? Else it means I am going to stop buying on eBay.

Regards - Raj
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

monstercollections
Community Member
COntact the seller for a replacement. Dont charge it for 15 hours next time. Try Charging for just 3-5 hours at a time.

Regards

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

rapapara69
Community Member
HI. Thanks for your reply.

I've contacted the seller "hozefa1981". He/she has bluntly refused to REPLACE or REFUND the purchase amount. So I guess I'm stuck with the non-working rechargeable torch !!

As for the charging bit, the instructions clearly stated I should charge it for 15 hours. Guess eBay should be kept at BAY !!

Regards
Raj
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

superstores_tech
Community Member
I know the seller. I have met him and he is a good person. I have left him a word. Hope you will get some warranty cover although not offered but he seller in his listing.

Regards Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi Raj (rapapara69),

If a buyer does not get his product, or the product is significantly not as described, the best option for the buyer is to open a Item Not received dispute agasint the seller.
[My eBay >>> Dispute Console (left side bar)>>> open a dispute]

If the seller does not respond, or the communication fails at any point of time, the buyer needs to close the dispute and escalate the calim for Buyer Protection claim.

I hope this information will be helpful to you and your issue will be resolved to your satisfaction.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

rapapara69
Community Member
Thanks very much Sapna & Superstores_tech. I faced a similar problem only once before with Rediff. They immediately gave me a refund when I refused the choice of a replacement.

I'll do as advised. I just hope some good sense prevails with hozefa1981. Else escalating through eBay seems the only option.

Biggest negative is that such incidents takes away ones faith & confidence from online shopping !!

Regards - Raj
Message 6 of 6
latest reply