cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PowerSeller Today, Underpowered Seller Next Day.

pareshwins
Community Member
On 13/6, I received a mail from ebay inviting me to join the powerseller program and I promptly accepted the invitation and now I have a PS icon on my id from last two days.

But yesteray when I tried listing more items, I found I could not list any more items.

Are powersellers not allowed to sell on the site? I was asked to contact the safe harbour dept. whatever that is?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi,
I think you opened a bad mail in your mailbox and clicked on a link that looks like ebay but really a bad site.Ebay will never ask your personal information and will always address you by your name.If you are using eBay tool bar,the account guard will become red if that is not ebay but looks like ebay.
No problem.
You just update your a/c information and change password.Otherwise they will phish your ID and change and use it.
You must have got an alert.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi pareshwins,

Power Sellers are a community of sellers who are recognised and respected for their selling efforts on eBay. So its an honour to become Power Seller.

Due to Scheduled Maintenance, You might not list the products.

or

I think you have violated some eBay Policy and they have restricted you to list your products for a time being. You may need to go through a tutorial in such case.

You can contact eBay team regarding the same and they will solve your issues.
http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Amitava,

You are partly correct, Sometimes spam mails (look like eBay Mails) may harm us. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
snrama and amitavji,

thanks for trying to help me out.

its been 5 days now since i have not been able to list and new products.

ebay has not even given me the reason for not allowing me to list any more products. all they say is send a mail through the web help form. on sending the said mail, you receive an auto reply which says, it may take them several days to respond.

is it not total high handedness and equal amount of tardiness.

serval days is too long to restrict someone without giving any reason.

even the police cannot keep a suspect in lock up for more than 24 hours without charging him with some offence. you have either to press some charges or let the culprit go free.

it been 5 days and the concerned dept., is still thinking of a reply.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello pareshwins ,

Power Sellers have dedicated Account Managers.

If you are not aware as to who your Account Manager is then just try to find out by writing to ebay through Contact Us form and get his her email address.

The Account Managers are very helping & efficient.
Most of the problems are sorted out immediately once you get in touch with your Account Manager.

In case you are unable to get the information then do let me know and I will write to my Account Manager so that someone from ebay contact you. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
indconcepts,

thank you for your advice.

With some difficulty i got the ebay numbers from a friend of mine, an old ebay hand, who is helping me with my ebay business.

I managed to get through to a lady who adviced me to send them a mail, which would again be replied after perhas several days.

Than I got a call from a gentleman who was very kind and friendly.

He told me that the restrictions were there because I had put too many quantity in one listing. I thought you needed only 10 ratings to put up a multiple quantity listings, and here I was a full fledged PowerSeller.

The gentleman further advised me to list one 1 quantity per listing. If that is not underpowered what is?

I finally got a mail from ebay India Customer Service asking me to fax or mail certain documents. The number and address given looked quite strange to me. With great difficulty I came to know that the number and address belonged to the United States of America.

Now my question is why I need to send some documents to the US?

Doesn't ebay have an office in India? I list on a site called ebay.in (in for India). I sell product to India, why should I send documents to USA?

Can someone please answer me?

Right now I cannot list even one single item.

Someone please help me.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello pareshwins ,

Putting too many quantities in one Listing is not a restiriction if you have crossed the feedback score of 10.

ebay would charge you only Rs.5 per listing if the Total value of the multiple Items in One Listing crosses Rs.10,000.

In your current listing (Item No.110142030051) the Total value works out to be Rs.16,99,90,000 .... but still ebay would charge only Rs.5 for that listing.

You can list with that number of quantity but why do you need to do that ?

Anyway, that's not the reason for restriction put on your selling activity.

It must be something related to Trust & Safety.
You must have committed some violation for which the T&S department is not very happy and require some documents from you.

On your question as to why you need to fax those to USA?

Actually ebay India is a daughter concern of ebay USA.
ebay USA is the BIG BOSS for all the 33 ebay sites all over the World. They keep a strict check on all the activities related to Trust and Safety to keep the market Place clean and running as per the ebay Policies.

Better would be for you to get in touch with your Account Manager and sort out the issue at the earliest.

I think you would need to send those documents to their Mumbai Office only. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Put a modest and practical quantity of 20 or 100. Listing 10000 quantity raises suspicion.

As for the documents to be faxed, mail them and ask for the mumbai fax number.

Best of luck with TnS ๐Ÿ˜„

TechiE
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
techniwas and indconcets,

thanks for your assistance.

i have mailed them twice for the mumbai fax number and address but they have not replied.

I would like to know why keeping 10000 quantity would give rise to suspicion?

Since ebay chooses to charge max Rs.5/- for listing, I can list any quantity upto the max. allowed.

I have not done any violation of any ebay policy that i know off and TnS have not told me of any policy violation, all their mails says is that they wanted to review my business. Now why would they want to do that is a mystery.

The want to verify my registration information by reviewing my credit card information. But hello, I have been paying my ebay fees amounting to thousands of rupees with my credit card and online bank account. Every merchant gets the card holders name and card number. So I think my credit card and bank account information is already with ebay.

All my customers are happy as can be seen from my ratings. Here, mian and biwi are both raazi but kaazi seems to have untold problems.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply