cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Poor grievance redressal mechanism. Order sent on old address even after informing ebay

rnesnatkar
Community Member

I had purchased a pendrive PaisaPay ID 37739899111 on 29th Oct at 4.24pm. However, soon i realised that i had erroneously not changed the default address which is my old address. I immediately contacted the seller via message on ebay to change the address to the new one (mentioned in the message) on 29th Oct at 5.35pm knowing fully  well that the order would not have got dispatched within an hour of ordering. To my dismay, I got a mail by seller on 30th oct 1.38pm, full 20 hours after i had sent
the request for address change, telling me that the item is already shipped to the old address. I then contacted ebay though phone on 30th Oct 2.40pm and on explaining the whole situtation to customer care executive i was told that the item has not yet been picked up and was asked to contact the seller on phone. On contacting the seller immediately, i was told that they have shipped the item and only ebay can do anything now. I would humbly request you not to keep me running from pillar to post like the way its done in some sick government department. I have ordered it from ebay, i expect ebay to resolve the issue. I have contacted the seller twice and seller and your customer care are shifting the onus on each other. This has left me as a frustrated customer. Also the waiting time to chat or on talk to a customer care representative remains at least 30 min and after that I am told to contact seller who asks me again to contact ebay.

If this remains the attitude of ebay then most definitely i'll be shifting to flipkart/amazon as their grievance redressal mechanism is robust and efficient.

I had sent an email to ebay regarding this on 30-Oct-2014 15:25 itself and was informed that ebay will get back to me within 24-48 hours. Even after lapse of more than 72 hours i havnt heard anything from ebay.

I contacted customer care through chat today , after waiting for 20 minutes, i managed to reach customer care, (Customer Support Chat Transcript - SR# 1-37959177930), wrote my problem, waited again for 20 minutes and then the chat ended without a word been said by customer care executive. What is wrong with ebay, is this the way it treats its customers! You make customers wait for so long just to tell you there problem and leave them without any resolution.

Now, again I waited for 60 minutes to get to you (Customer Support Chat Transcript - SR# 1-37961433082). Just look at the type of resolution provided. I am just told the current status that the package is on its way to my old address.

I will be taking to social networking sites to highlight the issue and the apathy being shown by ebay and in case of non resolution litigation remains an open option. I am thoroughly frustrated by the way ebay is handling its after sales service.

-Rushikesh Nesnatkar

Ph-7542966917

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0