Poor customer support in India

nayanchoudhary
Community Member
I was surprised to notice a small glitch in ebay's database where my postal code number was considered invalid. I tolerated this for some time but it was affecting my product searches in nearby area.

I wrote to the customer support asking them to fix this problem ASAP. They could not understand what I was talking about.

So, I replied in detail what was the problem.
The reply that came really pissed me off.

"Thank you for writing to eBay India Customer Support.

I understand from your email that you are finding difficulties entering your pincode.
Sir as per your request I would like to inform you that the pincode [hidden] is of [hidden],Hyderabad which is not validated in our database hence you are finding those difficulties. But after checking your details I have seen that your registered pincode on ebay of Pune is working. So you can go on with your registered pincode of Pune.
"

I was stumped to see such uneducated response from customer support. I was not expecting miracles but... X-(

It does not provide any logical reason why I should not change the pin-code for any of my purpose. If ebay's DB doesn't contain the pin-code, why should user suffer and try to find another pin-code that works with the system?

I shifted to Hyderabad from Pune few months back and hence I do not want to use Pune pin code, for obvious reasons. My searches will be of products and sellers near my pin code area and not Pune.

My last reply to them went unanswered. It has been weeks and nothing has come from their side.

My email conversations are titled like "GS=C00314 Using My eBay [#IN ?01 ] (KMM16670096I15977L0KM)"

I am not sure if anybody from ebay support teams reads this, but the whole thing doesn't leave a positive impact on customer. Instead of assuring the customer that the problem would be resolved in nearby/estimated time, the support is giving invalid work-around suggestions. Or, just sits silent.

The best is, there is no way in ebay that you can rate the support's responses (no rating for feedback). This means that these guys can put up any kind of answer and nothing will happen, or at least, I do not see any such system.

Users of ebay, beware.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Poor customer support in India

lol...that was funny. :D -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply