cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please stop promotions that dont reflect the credit at the time of listing

hoststafinet
Community Member
The following link is an example of misguiding sellers and making them loose their valuable money on ebay.in.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/in/200604.shtml#2006-04-03143753

Many sellers were ebay.com members before it took over bazee.com. After the merger sellers need to logon separately on ebay.in and ebay.com and understand that they have registrations on both the websites which is true but ebay.in does not admit it.

I myself saw the promotion in my ebay anouncements (Which means I am eligible for it else it should not have reflected in my control panel of MyEbay) and added all the features as was required to be eligible for the promotion. Now I need to wait amonth for the credit to appear. Now when I dont get the credit after a month I contact ebay who say I am not eligible even though I am an Indian in India.

Why have promotions which dont reflect the promotional credit at the time of listing and give sellers a hard time?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

I agree that for a promotional offer its much better to plan if the credit or discount is instantaneous rather than after a certain date. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear hoststafinet ,

Everybody gets tempted at free offers but when one has to pay for that after a month ....I know what it feels.

ebay would never realise this.

I totally agree with you that if one is not eligible for a promotion then that offer shouldn't come in ones Control Panel or My Messages.

I have also gone through a similar situation when I opted for free International listing.
I always read the free offer three times before I take it.
But, after a month I found myself trapped.......reason given to me that my Billing currency is US$ and not INR.

A copy of eligibility criteria was handed over to me which clearly said that all members are eligible for this offer whose billing currency is INR.

So...how could I make a mistake after reading the offer three times?

I went back on the Announcement Board and searched the original offer criteria.

To my surprise the two criteria didn't matched. There was no mention of billing currency for eligibility.

After following it with Customer Care for weeks and with the help of personal intervention by ebay Staff member Mr. Rajesh Iyer, I was able to get back my money.

ebay must take care that......
THE OFFER SHOULD REACH ONLY THOSE MEMBERS WHO ARE ELIGIBLE.

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

hoststafinet
Community Member
Dear Umang & Swarup,

I thank you for sharing your views. I hope even ebay.in realises this and tries to create a better selling place as ebay.com.

I just cant trust ebay.in. There are n number of other problems that keep coming up.

I will wait for them to credit the money, if not go to BBB - The better business burea - a free place where ebay would be forced to refund the money.

Its just the Indian spirit within due to which I would not ask for damages an instead just what was spent.

Thanks for your time friends.

Sincerely,

C F Stafi
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

hoststafinet
Community Member
After being harassed by the ebay customer support for six months, contacting bbb.org helped me resolve the issue.

They have given me the credit but what I am working towards is to make sure that the credits get reflected instantly and am sure this would be taken care of.

Ebay management is great but its the ebay customer service that needs to improve.

Thanks all of you.

C F stafi
Message 5 of 5
latest reply