cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Penalize sellers who dont give feedback to buyers

I have seen a huge difference on how feedback system works on ebay. Most sellers want that as soon as the product is received, the buyer needs to provide a positive feedback and only once a buyer provides feedback does the seller respond. Also at times, sellers have to be reminded again and again requesting them to leave feedbacks to buyers which again is not in the best interest of buyers.
When I shop on say other ebay sites like ebay usa the sellers there are prompt and as soon as the payment is complete they provide a positive feedback to the buyer which is really correct, because the seller expects payment from the buyer which has been given by the buyer so the seller should always have (most of the times) a positive feedback.
There should be a system within ebay like a button next to a sellers profile / product and wording should be seller has not yet provided feedback. That should be prominently displayed next to the feedback - like sellers feedback and sellers delay in feedback score. This will prompt all sellers to provide prompt feedback. Also the seller who provides positive feedback to the buyer before the buyer says product received should be prominently displayed as leading sellers and also those who don't give feedback should be displayed prominently and only then will buyers get regular feedbacks from sellers.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Penalize sellers who dont give feedback to buyers

Has ebay.in taken any steps in this regard? Even as I type, I just made a purchase around 10 days back and promptly left feedback to the seller. Then I have sent 3 reminders to the seller and each time he responds to the email saying he is busy and will do it as soon as he finds time (he has the time to type me emails while adding a feedback will take him a fraction of that time!).

I suggest this to ebay. Have a 2 level feedback system. Only make the buyer and seller feedback visible only if both the parties involved place a feedback. Negative feedbacks can be dealt differently. Also have an auto feedback for the buyer in place say after 10 days if seller does not place the feedback automatically it will show up as positive.

Secondly, penalize buyers / sellers (some sort of point system) for each feedback left. It is also wrong of the sellers to say that he has no time for feedback once he receives the feedback. Similarly, a buyer also has a responsibility to leave a feedback to the seller.

Otherwise, now a days I have faced multiple experiences where in seller once he receives the feedback doesnot bother to leave a feedback.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Re: Penalize sellers who dont give feedback to buyers

Ebay???? Following up with this feature request since 2014. Today its 2017 and even today the same issue remains. Many sellers are not leaving feedback even after multiple reminders and we as a buyer are requested to give feedback and once we give feedback then no further communication from seller. I again request Ebay to have a relook at the feedback system and either give buyer auto positive feedback in 7 days post payment or keep the buyer feedback hidden till the seller gives a feedback to the buyer.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply