cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pathetic Customer Care service. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I used to have a good impression of ebay in general. Before this everything I've ordered has reached me in good condition and on time except for one instance. For that ebay customer support resolved the issue and got my money refunded with very less hassle. However this latest issue has destroyed all credibility for me. I have no recourse now except publicise the incident on as many forums and social media as possible and hope for some positive action. 

1. I ordered a laptop costing nearly 48k on 7th Dec 2013. The projected shipping date was 13th Dec 2013 with estimated delivery date being 24th Dec 2013 
  2. I talked to ebay on 13th and 14th since the item had not been shipped. I also contacted the seller. Both parties said that the seller had marked the item as ready to ship and the courier partner - Blue Dart in this case - had somehow missed picking it up. Not to worry and that it'll get picked up today and maximum by tomorrow. They have escalated my request to the concerned department.
  3. I call again on 16th. The seller does not pick up the call and from this point on, never picks up the phone for me. Ebay support meanwhile apologises and counsels me to wait one more day. They have again escalated my complaint to the relevant department and for sure the package will be picked up.
  4. The same thing happens on 17th and 18th.
  5. 18th I get an email saying paisapay has initiated a refund request automatically and they'll give the seller 5 days to appeal.
  6. I call them on 19th saying please give me the courier company office number if they are the trouble but no the customer care has no information on either courier company, seller office address (I was willing to personally pick the item up), the person handling the issue at the concerned department or indeed a unified complaint id. Every time a new person would pick the call and try to fool me by giving n excuses. And when nothing worked - escalation of complaint to concerned department. I should get a status update soon
  7. Anyway I called the seller from some other number and he said sorry no option except get your money refunded. Even if you are willing to come and pick it up, you'll have to pay the new rate he's charging which is almost 10k higher. So I mentally give up and now am just waiting for refund
  8. I Call on 23rd and the lady rudely advises me to be patient. 24th tak ho jayega pakka she says
  9. Today again same response. You'll definitely get an email saying refund has been approved. Nothing till the end of day.
  10. Finally opened a claim today. God knows when (if) that will get processed.

I am fed up of the process. I made my payment immediately for a big sum trusting ebay. Apparently the seller had the item ready for shipment. Ebay has infrastructure issues with its courier partners. Fine. But in this case why is my refund not being processed immediately as well? Rather than trying to solve the issue, the support staff seems to be only interested in delaying tactics. For a person like me 48k is a huge amount. I'd be the first person to tell my friends to not trust ebay with their hard earned money after this. I just don't understand how a supposedly respected international group can let things come to such pass. From the forum discussions it seems Ebay India is least concerned about its buyers or sellers. Do not want to do even a small amount of extra work and just get its fees. Ebay global should take cognizance of the number of complaints and sort out Ebay India. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Pathetic Customer Care service. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Well I finally got the email confirming payment refund this morning. Good News for me. Hope all cases get resolved soon.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply