Outline eBay buying conditions to new members

laurencebc
Community Member
I feel that when new member joins eBay India, they should be put through a tutorial so that they understand eBay policy and procedures. They should be told that when they bid it is a legaly binding contract. I have had people contact me saying that they will only pay if they like the goods. Please eBay, save all of our time and effort buy making people aware that they are not "window shopping" that if they bid and win, they must pay up.

Also, I have had many Nigerian scamsters contact me. eBay UK has cancelled three bids, I cancelled one. What can eBay India do to block these time wasters?
All the best,
Laurence
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
Good suggestion.
As per the ebay announcements, ebay has started some tutorials to educate the low ranking members about the FB policies, before leaving -ve or neutral ratings. I think its great.
Similarly if they take your suggestion and give a compulsory tutorial when a member bid for the first time then it will be excellent. I have the experience of a buyer bidding for my highest value item within an hour of getting registered. Readily after bidding he asked me how to get the product. Alas, he never responded again, forget about payment !!
Its good to note that ebay UK is better in handling the Nigerian frauds. I hope ebay India will act similarly (or better ?!) at the earliest. If they delay then it will be detrimental for their own business. Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
ID : emailswarup
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

bay_jyoti
Community Member
Nice suggestions there. Very important. But meanwhile what we the sellers can do against Nigerians, read my coming post 'First thing to do ....' Yours always
Jyoti
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
VERY GUD SUGGESTION BY laurencebc,BUT THESE NIGERIAN FRAUS HAVE TO BE CONTROLLED AT ANY COST.

ATUL
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ponti_in
Community Member
Good Proposal
:-D
Message 5 of 5
latest reply