Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Sharat, Sr Manager Trust&Safety, 29 Sep, 4-5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

Please join Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety, in a discussion on the Trust and Safety topics and concerns that you have regarding the same. Sharat will be here for an hour to discuss various topics like user verification, site policies etc. You can post your question by clicking on the 'Post a reply button'

Host: Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety

Date: Friday, 29th September

Time: 4.00 PM to 5.00 PM (IST)

We look forward to seeing you then!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 141
latest reply
140 REPLIES 140

enramkumar1
Community Member
Dear Sir,

I am a registered user of eBay, there are tons and tons of confusions with eBay in credit card transactions. I bought a product in eBay on Sep3 and I paid the bill through credit card on the same day but still the status of my purchase is pending. why the money alone should debited from account on the same day. I wrote to eBay customer support thrice but not single response came till now. why there is no proper contact number to contact eBay customer support. i am a new user of eBay i've started my first purchase only on sep 3rd. Sorry sir i am literally unhappy with your service.
Message 21 of 141
latest reply

vicolafresh
Community Member
DEAR SIR, I AM STILL NEW IN THIS BAY ORGANIZATION, I CAN TALK TO CONVINCE PEOPLE ON A PARTICULAR GOODS. BUT MEAN WHILE I NEED TO KNOW MORE ON URL OPERATIONAL SYSTEM.
AND THE MERITS OF THOSE WHO ARE PARTICIPATING IN THIS BUSINESS. B/C DURING MY REGISTRATION THERE IS NOTHING LIKE ACCOUNT NUMBER.
THANKS
VICTOR
Message 22 of 141
latest reply

gurdeep_rajpal
Community Member
Dear Mr.Sharat,
I need to know that how do you protect a buyer who bought something from a seller with a warranty of lets say three years but no longer remains on your list after a while when the product starts malfunctioning or gets damaged.If you can't help then I believe that we should stop buying online and start buying from local dealers/Distributors.

Gurdeep Rajpal
Message 23 of 141
latest reply

tfm786
Community Member
Hi Sharat,
I had purchased a smartphone with Item no: 190012999977.
I got a confirmation from PaisaPay (id: 17353465924). I dint receive the product even after repeatedly calling the seller ( dealz.4u). Finally I requested a claim. (Hart N. Claim # 1009958) I got a reply saying that the seller cant be contacted, so nothing can be done. Pls contact the credit card company for the refund. It is mentioned in the policies that PAISAPAY BUYERS will get refund.
MY QUESTION IS: IS THIS WHAT U CALL "BUYER PROTECTION" ?
IF YOU DONT TAKE ACTION AGAINST THE SELLER, WHOM HAVE I TO GO TO? I AM TAKING THIS ISSUE TO THE PRESS AND MEDIA, IF I DON'T GET MY REFUND ( RS. 26398/- )
Message 24 of 141
latest reply

Sharat,

In our last interaction on this board, I had suggested differential registration for individual and business sellers as is done on ebay, UK. You said you would revert on the same. Any updates. More than half the posts on this board are from user who have been defrauded by bad sellers.

Now I want to just ask you a couple of questions:

1) Can I ask for a re-stocking fee of say 20% if the buyer wants to return a product for refund. And if a refund of original amount minus 20% is done, would that be acceptable for TnS as proof of resolution for SNP - under SNAD? I have seen a number of international sellers on .com and .uk and .au mentioning these in the TOS (terms of sale).

2) Is a seller allowed to mention the following in his listings ? -

"* Please check for Wespro Logo on the Product and Manual to verify the true product from the fake one."

I source the product from the very same factory as this vendor sources it from. If I buy sufficient quantity the vendor is ready to put my brand / logo on the product.

I am not going write about SNP - SNAD / INR as it seems you have convinced yourself that you are doing a great job by suspending honest and dedicated sellers. For sellers protesting ridiculous policies, it is like banging our heads against walls. I would rather spend my creative time increasing my business elsewhere.

Regards,

Devesh
Message 25 of 141
latest reply

Hi,

We would like to bring forth the abundant sale of pirated software in the Video Games Category.

We will put forth our point with PROOF and sensibility that is understood even by a layman.

All you have to do this go to the Video Games Catefory and put forth a search for "Half Life 2"

When done that just now we got 64 results. The rate og Half-Life 2 GOTY is Rs. 1199 and that of Episode 1 Rs. 799.

You will find out of the 64 listings 39 listings being sold below Rs. 200 which quite obviously are pirated.

We have brought forward this point several times to each and evry eBay representative we have communicated with and once we actually got a reply and I quote:

"I understand your concern but the company currently does not take the issue of piracy seriously and is not our priority"

We of course will not take the name of the representative as that would put him in jeopardy for being honest.

THe question arises why is eBay India not taking it seriously? Cause they get good sales out of it? Are they not aware that it is illegal? Once upon a time they never took the Movies & Music Category Piracy seriously too but somehow after the MMS Scam that immediately changed and now it is required to sign and confirm an agreement with eBay for selling in that category.

We suggest the same be done with the Video Games Category.

Also if you check the feebdback of all these pirates you will notice negative feebback where consumers thought they were buying original software but were cheated which obviously harms eBay's reputation.

We feel eBay is just waiting for another MMS type scam to occur in the video games category before they awake from their slumber.

One must not forget Piracy is illegal and funds terrorism.

Seriously it's sad to see an orginsation like eBay who are so strict on piracy on eBay USA but absolutely callous on eBay India just becuase they know they are in India. An ideal example of an MNC exploiting a developing nation with the more shameful part being the heads are Indians and don't care a damn about their own Indian counterparts. So much for a word called "conscience"

-Regards,
pc_gaming_store
Message 26 of 141
latest reply

kumar5555
Community Member
DEAR SIR,
MUNUGOTI123 IS THE WINNER OF MY ITEM NO.330021538838 (NOKIA 6210
HANDSET),BUT HAS NOT PAY FOR THE ITEM AND SO EBAY GRANTED ME FINAL VALUE FEE(FVF)CREDIT .AS
PER RULES OF E BAY, THE WINNER OF ITEM CAN NOT REFUSE TO BYE THE ITEM
AND IS LEGALLY BOUND TO PAY FOR THE ITEM.SINCE MANUGOTI123 HAS NOT PAY
FOR MY ITEM,I WANT TO KNOW ,WHAT LEGAL ACTION ARE TAKEN BY EBAY AGAINST
THE BUYER?LEGAL ACTION IS NECESSARY BECAUSE BIDDING IS A JOKE FOR MOST
OF THE BUYERS THOSE ARE NOT SERIOUS.
PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY.
I WANT TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM GOING TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE
BUYER.I WANT YOUR EXPLANATION IN THIS MATTER.
DR.K.N. MATHUR
E BAY ID: kumar5555
Message 27 of 141
latest reply

bindugogri7777
Community Member
sir recently i rsgister with your site , i have some quirys.
1) after registration to your site what other formality i have to fullfill .
2)how i can add my own feedback on my page.
3)and how can i know if buyer pay me.
4)and for technical reason , whom i have to speak.
Message 28 of 141
latest reply

diamond-flower
Community Member
wow! FULL OF COMPLAINTS. Great.
Message 29 of 141
latest reply

cbhari
Community Member
I am a regular buyer of Baazee / ebay for the last 4 years; the situation now is very bad; the Sellers are not serious; a lot of follow-up is required; one seller (snap4u2006) has now cheated me by taking the money and not delivering the item (170025938322); Please look into this; I have now stopped buying from ebay.
Message 30 of 141
latest reply