Did you mean:ย 

Online Workshop - Understanding Feedback changes

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Topic: Workshop on Understanding Feedback changes
Host: Vidmay Naini
Date: Monday, 11 February 2008
Time: 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. IST

Description: The eBay Feedback system was originally designed to provide a simple, honest, and accurate record of the buyer's and seller's online experience and to ensure safe and satisfactory trade. Over a period of time, we found that the current Feedback system was not performing to the desired objectives. Hence, we felt the need to modify the way the Feedback system works in the current business context.

We'll be making a few significant changes to eBay's Feedback system to continue to improve accuracy and accountability. Within the next six months, these changes should help to differentiate and reward sellers who provide a positive buying experience on eBay.

Please read about these changes.

Also, please join Vidmay Naini for an online workshop on the Feedback changes on this thread on February 11 2008 at 5 PM IST.

Cheers,

Indraneel
eBay
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

"sellers may only leave positive Feedback for buyers, at the seller's option "

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
I am very sacred of any new change eBay makes. New paisa pay in my opinion has failed to impress sellers. The basic site working has been disturbed as Selling Manager and Selling manager Pro has become unreliable. They display incorrect information. The prices have gone up & sales have come down. There are many more side effects of new paisa pay.

With this new feedback also I have many doubts.
Why sellers are not able to rate buyers? What if buyer does not pay? I just have to wait for 7 days and still more seven days and then I get FVF? And after doing so much of work, wasting time and pleading buyer to make payment, we have to make market place clean by not sharing our views that a buyer is not paying? In item not received buyers are King, why payment not received is not given the same preference. Such non paying buyers should be given feedback rather than restricting seller to give only positive feedback.

We have to remember who has made payment and whose payment is not received. On the due date we have to file UPI and again remember the date to get back FVF. All these things need to be automated so that we donโ€™t waste our time in such activities. Before launch of new paisa pay all this was working fine with the Selling Manager. Now such things are not reliable on Selling Manager. Things which need automation are left to sellers to remember and do it. If seller forgets to do he looses his own money. We have mention to eBay many times that if buyer does not leave feedback, an automated feedback should be given to seller. Now instead of that they have asked the buyer to confirm the item receipt and did not do anything for automated feedback. When the buyer says item receipt, on same page there should be a feedback option and then submit button which will make sure that feedback and item receipt are done together.

EBay if you have time to implement new changes, please take a note of sellerโ€™s suggestions also...
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

"sellers may only leave positive Feedback for buyers, at the seller's option "
What is ebay upto ?? Are we sellers puppets in the hands of buyers ?

Dear Mr. Vidmay, could you explain me the logic behind taking such a step ?

Regards
Meenu

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

dear all powesellers no body will listen our excuses, they will do what they want to do. as they hv done before (launching of new paisapay) so keep fingure on ur mouth. or close ur ebay shop's shutter. thats all the outcome of this decision
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

ebay should a make a panel of leading powersellers and consult them or make a poll before implementing such changes.
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

when buyer compain us about item we check buyer's feedback score
read negative neutral comment of seller and then decide what kind of buyer reputation
if buyer reputation of feedback is good then we serve him best
example recent one buyer inform me he don't received item
i track online status show it ITEM DELIVERED
i check buyer feedback which was very nice and i trust buyer and send item another one
if seller can not leave negative then how we can find that buyer problem is genuine or not
we treat reputed out of any eBay rule and to give best services don't see profit or loss
to know buyer there is only way is feedback not any other system like we see man face to face and decide
if any seller left negative and write buyer has habit of file false claim we can know that buyer is not genuine and claim wrong
if this type of problem rise how we know what type of buyer is ?
this change is same as new paisa pay change
we seller call new paisa pay :- head ache of seller
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

cochinmall
Community Member
Hello Vidmay.

I had gone through the new feedback changes.Some of the changes are encouraging,but the other are kind of unscientific.

First of concerning the feedback calculation on the basis of 12months,I have to tell that it is an awesome idea.I have only one negative feedback which was posted more than one year,and my percentage has being lingering due to this.I guess by end of february,it would change? Is it like that?

Sellers can leave feedback only on the basis of seller's wish.This sounds unscientific.How is ebay going to give protection to sellers who are honest and trustworthy?
I got a negative feedback due to the mistake of an arrogant buyer.

Regards
Rahul
cochinmall
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Everyone,

Before we get started today we will be posting some responses to the questions/concerns raised on this thread on recent Feedback initiatives launched globally on eBay.

In a short while at 5 pm we will start today's workshop and will open the floor to any questions you may have to Vidmay Naini, Manager, Trust & Safety. I request members that they do not raise any personal account issues in this forum and encourage you to contact our Customer Support team for specific information

See you then!

Regards

Indraneel
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello jaipur_fashions,

Welcome and thank you for taking out time to attend this workshop.

We understand your concern around the change where sellers may only leave positive Feedback for buyers, at the seller's option. While I address to this concern Iโ€™d like to give you a context behind this change. We realize that feedback has been a two-way street, but our data shows a disturbing trend, which is that sellers leave retaliatory feedback eight times more frequently than buyers do and this figure is up dramatically from only a few years ago.

We understand that this is a huge change, but weโ€™re also putting into place protections that sellers have always asked for. In addition to holding buyers accountable via non-public seller reporting tools, such as Unpaid Item reports, we are planning a number of other Seller Protections against inaccurate feedback:

โ€ข We will remove, not just de-score, negative and neutral feedback when a buyer doesnโ€™t respond to the Unpaid Item process
โ€ข We will remove all negative and neutral feedback and comments when a buyer (or seller) is suspended. We will also do this retroactively โ€“ which means any negatives and neutrals youโ€™ve received from members weโ€™ve ever suspended will be removed.
โ€ข For sellers with an established track record, weโ€™ll prevent negative and neutral feedback within 3 days of listing end to promote communication.
โ€ข Weโ€™re going to reduce the number of days a member can leave feedback from 90 to 60 days.
โ€ข Weโ€™ll increase block bidder list capacity from 1,000 to 5,000 user IDs
โ€ข Weโ€™ll increase our monitoring, and take action based on seller reports of buyers behaving very badly
โ€ข Feedback percentage will be based on the last 12 months, although the total count remains lifetime. This means that any negative or neutral feedback left for you more than 12 months ago will no longer affect your percent positive.

I hope that I was able to address your concern and we are confident that our sellers would co-operate as always to achieve this objective. ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
Vidmay Regards,
Vidmay
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 10 of 19
latest reply