No response for Ebay gurantee claim

aravindrp
Community Member
Hi,

I ordered two sony mh1c headsets from ebay on 10th June. On 12th June I received a call from DTDC courier guy that the shipment have arrived. I was in office at that time, hence gave him direction to my house and there was no call from him after that. When I reached home, my neighbour informed me about a courier in my name that was thrown inside his house compound. To my surprise, it was the headsets shipment from Ebay. The package was already open and one of the headsets and bill were missing. He also informed that, no one signed and accepted the shipment.

I tried to contact the seller through ebay, but was unsuccesful. So I raised a claim through Ebay guarnatee. A case was opened on June 13th. After two days a representative contacted me from Ebay and informed me that a claim representative will contact me within 5 days. But even after a week there was no response. So I again chased the claim request through ebay customer support and then got a call from the claim guy and he told me that he was waiting for a reply from DTDC, and they have a 5-6 days to respond. This was on 21st June. I waited again for a week and then called up the claim represntative(Yesterday). To my surprise,still there was no update from him and he informed that by today 4:30, he will give a final resoultion. But he didnt contact me till now.

I buy from Ebay, believing that, if something goes wrong, Ebay will be there to solve the issue. But my experience proved me wrong. I am very sad to inform you that, after my last experience, I would think twice, before buying something from Ebay.

My claim id is :227522
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

aravindrp
Community Member
Hi,
I just a received a call from seller regarding this. He agreed to send me the missing headset by Monday. The update I got from the claim representative was that, he has already confirmed with the seller that two headsets were shippend and hence he had send an email to DTDC courier and waiting for their reply. But when I told this to the seller, she was surprised about it because, she has received no such email from Ebay. So it seems like the claim representative was giving me false updates. I hope someone from Ebay will reply through this thread and provide an insight on what actually happend.

The claim system in Ebay, is not at all helpful for the buyer. When the emails regarding the claims are send, the buyer should also be kept in the loop. This would prevent the buyer getting false updates on claim requests.

Thanks
Aravind
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

muzi2013
Community Member

Hi

I bought a REPLACEMENT KEYPAD FLEX CABLE RIBBON FOR NOKIA 5610 from ebay. I have registered an eBay replacement claim(ID 290579) on September 28th. It has been 7 days since i registered the claim. Nobody has contacted me about that till now. The seller replied as "OK SIR I WILL SHIP ANOTHER PRODUCT" on 30th september. I even contacted their customer care to escalate this issue.**khalid** still no response. When will it get processed?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

facing a similar problem................
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have bought new phone "Brand New LG Google Nexus 4 E960" on 13 Feb 2015 and all of sudden phone switched off and never came back online. Then I raised claim with Ebay on 10th May 2015. But I see no progress made on the claim request:996255, Every time I call ebay customer care, they say waiting for seller response and suggest me to wait for another 24 hours. Such a response from ebay support is frustrating and scary. And nobody gives you escalation matrix to raise your voice.

Please let me know  how we can escalate this pathetic online website.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply