New eBay based Scam. How do we avoid it ?

crmuk
Community Member

I have noticed a new eBay Seller scam.

If you are a Seller read on, and make tonnes of money.

A few products i bought on eBay were not working. In one case the Seller knew it was a defective non-working product, but still shipped it. Said he was taking a chance.

The key to your success to scam customers is that eBay does not offer a pickup of defective products, unlike other providers, who offer a no questions asked pickup service.

Which means that customers have to go to a courier service, and pay 10 times more to ship the same product back.

Most customers are busy (thats why they are buying online) and wont find the time during working hours. Also while the sellers ship in bulk, where the courier rates are 50 to 200 Rs. The same courier will cost the customer 700 to 2000 Rs. Thus ensuring the customers cannot return the products easily.

You can also ignore customer calls, or not replace the products. eBay wont do anything about it.

If the customers leave poor feedback badger them into giving good feedback. Its quite easy, and most customers relent.

So go ahead and sell your broken, defective, non working low value products on eBay, and you can be assured of full support by the eBay India team in ignoring customer complaints.

-----------

The question is how do we counter this ?

I have stopped buying from eBay.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0