cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New buyers give negative rating to sellers too quickly

Hello !

I have something to say towards feedback system on ebay.
Many new buyers give negative rating to sellers so quickly that they even do not inform the seller about the problem.
Ebay should realize this fact honestly that many new buyers visiting and buying on ebay, when they receive the electronic item or any such item, whose performance depends on other factors also , and if such item does not work well with the buyers device, they assume that the new purchased item is faulty and a few of such buyers does not inform the seller but directly give just negative rating.

Let I give an example of laptop battery. I faced such cases several times. It is possible that the new battery will not work well if the buyers laptop has some problem in laptop’s internal battery charging circuit. Since this circuit is inside laptop, hence the new battery will not work until this problem is get fixed by some technician.
Moreover, I have experience that when a laptop is dead, some buyer assume that replacing the battery will fix the issue and they buy the new battery but when their laptop does not work after installing this new battery, they assume that the new battery is faulty and thus directly give negative rating to seller without sharing the problem with the seller.
since ebay does not allow feedback revision more then five times out of 1000 ratings received hence the negative received in the cases as mentioned above, does not justifies with the sellers reputation.
At least this limit of five should be removed totally.
You have done a lot to control fraud sellers and has been very successful towards the aim but a lot needs to be done to make ebay actually a fair online shopping place. And this cannot be achieved unless you do justice to both, sellers and buyers. and presently you are honestly not doing this.
"sellers are backbone of ebay" just saying this will not be sufficient, you will have to act to prove this. Feedback should be monitored and should be checked and changed when necessary to safeguard genuine sellers from unnecessary defamation.
I would like to share my experience from Baazee dot com era. At that time, sellers n buyers suffered such feedback problems but these were handled very carefully by the customer care executive from baazee.com. In case any negative feedback, they used to check the case from both the buyer's and the seller's side and most of the times they found that the negative feedback was left due to lack of knowledge, or in hurry. In such cases the customer care executive should check and change the negative unjustified rating into neutral rating. The neutral rating had no impression on the feedback of any member.
I suggest ebay to consider the same feedback policy as former baazee dot com
Please think honestly If there are two persons having some differences, it is not always possible they reach an agreement that is justified and acceptable to both unless there is any third person impartial mediator hence there is a great need of a mediator for all such feedback disputes.
Any person buyer or seller, cannot be convinced by honest and fair communication if he has some thing disappointing towards other partner. If all people are good, then why there are any need of courts and police / army ?
I suggest that :
Negative feedback if any should be taken care of by the ebay customer care executive and he / she should have the power to change this rating from negative to neutral or remove it completely so that it may not affect adversely the reputation of the member in any way. Both the sellers and the buyer s should have negative rating right and any misuse by either one, should be taken care of by ebay executive. At present scenario, one cannot decide if any buyer is a genuine or is an immature kind of person.
At least the limit of five feedback revision out of 1000 feedback received, should be removed totally.
Community court is not serving its purpose nor it’s rules are practically not feasible. If you honestly want to make ebay a fair and enjoyable online shopping place, sooner or later, you have to take control of feedback system. You should act on it as soon as possible as competition is increasing and a lot online shops are coming day by day.
More you decide late, more you loose

Warm regards.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

spl_ind
Community Member
I sold an old magazine for Rs. 99/- with free shipping. After receiving the magazine, the buyer left a negative feedback without communicating with me. What he mentioned in his feedback was just these two words - "Very costly".
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

orange.fitness
Community Member
After having a chat on the phone about damage to a fitness item in transit, the customer was absolutely fine when I told her that I would be sending replacements to the part/s damaged once she confirmed what exactly was damaged in the equipment. Then suddenly without any further communicaiton she gives negative comments about the damaged parts.

One, seller has no control over damage during shipping which was done through Gati, and two, post the comments, I approached the buyer again stating that I will be sending the damaged parts that she had to confirm were broken. I never got any confirmation from her about the damaged part/s.

Any genuine buyer would like to take a replacement and not waste her money by chosing not to use the purchased (apparently damaged) item and rather give negative comments and sit quietly.

There is no mechanism to expunge such buyers' comments. And neither is there a provision for the seller to give negative comments about the buyers!

UNFAIR!!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi, 100% UNFAIR. Ebay will never understand this. Ebay may understand if they work as seller. Ebay shows inequality towards different people. And inequality is crime in Indian LAW.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If seller won't take back bad/fake product (returns) and thinks goods once sold is sold, then negative feedback is the only way to express dislike and cautioning other buyer to avoid inconvience in advance.

I always refer to feedbacks before buying and that has helped me a lot in choosing the right seller. And if the product packaging & delivery is good, I have left positive feedbacks even if the seller has not requested it for.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply