Never buy any item from this seller

srmashwani
Community Member
Hi all,

I've bought NIKON S560 from a seller named "astelcorp". Item number of this product is 230557294845

This item is not genuine and original.

I've cross checked the product's serial number with NIKON and they said that this is not genuine.

Secondly, according to NIKON, evry box has a serial number but in my case, there was no serial number on the box of my camera.

And the worst thing is that I've got a XEROX copy of user manual, not original while NIKON told me that every sealed pack has an original user manual.

Picture quality of camera is also very poor and my 5mp samsung wave produces better picture.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

It seems your seller has shipped you a grey market camera.

The camera will be 100% genuine and original.

However it is not Nikon India import but grey market import where they import just the camera and not the box and manuals.

Seeing the good ratings of the sellers, it seems like a honest mistake. He may be selling both grey market and official Nikon India cameras in his shop.

You can mail him to either refund the purchase or replace it with a Nikon India camera which will have warranty card and serial number which will be valid for 2 years Nikon India warranty.

Devesh
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi, the seller has mentioned in the listing "BRAND NEW NIKON COOLPIX S560, 10 MEGAPIXEL DIGITAL CAMERA + 4GB MEMORY CARD + GENUINE NIKON POUCH + BATTERY CHARGER + BILL WITH 2 YEARS ALL INDIA NATIONAL WARRANTY". So either as deveshbhai said that by mistake he has supplied you the wrong material(parallel import) or he is trying to cheat you.

Get in touch with the seller and get a clarification from him regarding the same.

You have given the seller a positive feedback for this item "Quick and accurate delivery, seller rsponded every query of mine, that's the bes", any reason why you gave positive feedback if you were not satisfied with the product ???.
RajElectroniks
Message 3 of 3
latest reply