cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback removed, Claim rejected and NO compensation for the inconvenience

Ebay India,

The item ordered was not shipped withing the timelines offerred by the seller and I had left a negative feedback and initiated claim request. After watching the negative feedback the seller woke up from his sleep and contacted me first time after 13 days of placing the order, only to claim that he was trying to contact me but my number was unavailable (sheer lie).

The next day I found an email confirming that the item is finally being shipped but until then it was of no use to me, as I was supposed to gift that item to someone who had already left out of station. To my surprise, I found my negative feedback left for the seller REMOVED without my knowledge. There was no communication from Ebay citing reason for removal. I understand this is how the Feedback is manipulated for certain Sellers.

A few days later, my claim was rejected citing the reason that the item was delivered (after 20 days). Again this is contrary to the Ebay Gurantee which promises 100% satisfaction for full refund. When I contacted Ebay over phone, I was given an excuse that that as the shipment was delayed by Powership (Ebay partner-BlueDart in this case) and not by seller, hence seller is not at fault to receive negative feedback.

If I agree to this, what about the inconvenience caused due to the delay. The Item delivered late is of no use to me as it was supposed to be gifted to someone who could not receive it because of the delay.

Loosing faith in customer service department of Ebay.

PaisaPay ID

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Negative Feedback removed, Claim rejected and NO compensation for the inconvenience

The money should have been refunded if the product was not dispatched within the ebay Timelines even if it was the fault of powership.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

What you were told is 100% correct. Your feedback was removed because you has problem with the seller delaying the shipment. Ebay has offered a powership program where all dispatch is through ebay logistics. Every seller can apply for feedback removal as per policy for no fault of his.

I very well understand that you are assuming every seller in the world is bad and is trying to cheat you just because there was a delay in dispatch. In future call the cust care and tell your problem, they would guide you accordingly.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@1relimart: My question still remains that even if the Powership commits the mistake and not the seller, why Ebay cannot acknowledge this and compensate for the loss. And if the shipment was delayed due to any technical reason, was it not the responsibility of Ebay/Seller to communicate the same to the customer. If they cannot compensate/refund for the delay, then they should remove the Ebix Gurantee program as it will be considerd as cheating with the customers.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

The money should have been refunded if the product was not dispatched within the ebay Timelines even if it was the fault of powership.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Hi All,

I had suffer with same problem to delay item.

When I received my item after a long time, address was not readable easily. Very bad printed address due to this currier updated status as an incorrect or incomplete address. 

My Question is: Who is responsible for this inconvenience Seller, Ebay, Currier partner or customer?

I have called customer care they are unable to provide exact information even I did live chat with ebay executive not answered my question, just said contact currier partner or seller.

THE WHOLE INCONVENIENCE OCCURS FROM SELLER END NOT CURRIER PARTNER.

Seller desrving at this point to receive  negative feedback & as I did but ebay removed my feedback.

My opinion is very BAD ebay customer service.

I hate ebay policy that are totally hidden.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I will never purchase from Ebay by looking at the Seller's feedback as it is all MANIPULATED!! The negative remarks are removed and positive feedbacks are kept for Big Sellers misleading the customer.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I totally agree, this ebay people are really being fraud.Same happened to me 

While ordering this item, Listing was showing as Same day shipping & this item was 
supposed to be shipped by 7/10/2013 whereas it hasn't been shipped as yet, i wanted this time
by 9th to give as a gift on a birthday whereas still there are no whereabouts of the item. Even
seller stopped taking calls. I would request ebay to look into the details while seller posts the listing
& should be strongly communicated to seller so we as customer doesn't feel cheated. This has been the worst
of the experience with ebay & in this ebay as a international brand loses credibility & it's high time
customers can easily switch loyalties to other
online shopping portals.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

DEAR BUYERS

Sometime the only attitude is to find faults.

And buyers in this case do no want to discuss good things about buying on ebay.

DO NOT FORGET THAT THE PERSON WHO IS WORKING IS ONLY PRONE TO MAKING MISTAKES AND PERSON WHO IS A SITTING DUCK WOULD NOT BE MAKING ANY MISTAKES.

Buyers are requested to go in person to brick and mortar stores to avoid this kind of situation.

AND THIS IS THE ONLY ADISE WHEN ONE FAILS TO APPRECIATE ALL OTHERS GOOD THINGS BUYNG ONLINE SPECIALLU ON EBAY INDIA.

REGARDS

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Unless faults are found, discussed and rectified, buyers will continue to face ill treatment at the hands of the SITTING DUCKS who are not willing to take accountability and show IMPROVEMENT in their Services and are busy pointing fingers at the CUSTOMERS who is paying them full in advance.

Buyers are aware of their choices and do not need anybody's advice!!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Literally all of you are making no sense on what you are saying...

I really want to know a good reason on why the seller deserves a negative feedback?

Did you buy the item from the Seller Directly?

Did your money go to the Sellers bank account instantly?

Is the Seller selling on his own policies?

Is this the sellers platform?

Is the courier company owned by the seller?

Is the local courier comany courier boy working for seller?

Did the seller charge you high price for the item you purchased?

Did you contact Seller to inform him of your urgency before placing order?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply