cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEVER THINK OF BEING A SELLER ON EBAY! *** AN ESCAPIST MARKETPLACE TO PROTECT CHEATS ***

Today I want to get to the notice besides enlighten all readers TO BE AWARE of EBAY and its IRRESPONSIBLE Customercare for its WORST EVER PRACTICES which is pushing budding sellers business into jeopardy. I wish readers of this review to take a look at this review and post your valuable views impartially.

I’m NOT a serious ebay seller when I started off with my MY FIRST ITEM(on 20th Oct 2014) on Ebay which is a spare BRAND NEW BOXED UNTAMPERED(Spigen® Neo Hybrid Case+ Jelly Bean Button 3EA for Samsung Galaxy S4) which I’ve bought a year ago on Amazon.uk and was laying idle in my cupboard! I kicked off with my first listing with this item and sold away for 1999/- with FREE shipping at a loss of 900/- though I bought the item for When S4 was released got it for around £29(2900/-) on amazon UK and now sold it for 1999/- with ebay charges of 145+ 50(Shipping). I shipped the item Via Speed Post on 27th Oct 2014 with Tracking ID: EN494915828IN and as a precautionary measure, taken photograph of the SEALED BOX anticipating any kind of misfortune as it was my FIRST TRANSACTION. I was very happy with my first transaction for couple of days and from then on started to think seriously to take up ebay selling as my Secondary Source of income and now you could see 3 listings with 4 items already sold and shipped with 3 watchers in last 10 days! That is me and that is where I stand!

And now, in this happy mood, I received an email after couple of days from my 1st the buyer with a subject on email as “I received an item that wasn't as described” in short according to the buyer, he says the item is missing and he did not find the spigen hybrid case & screen guard inside the box BUT just the jelly bean buttons! I replied him as follows:

1. Firstly, I'm NOT a PROFESSIONAL seller; this is my FIRST transaction as a seller. I'm here on ebay to do pleasant transactions.
    2. It is a SEALED BRAND NEW UNTAMPERED BOXED ITEM which I've taken photograph before shipping the item as a precautionary measure. The back of the box clearly says, the BOX includes: 1. Neo Hybrid case 1set 2. Jelly Bean Button 1 set and others with a SEAL/Sticker covering till the bottom by spigen. So NO chance to see what is under the sticker seal. The Back of the box clearly shows what are included. When the SEAL is UNTAMPERED in MINT condition, HOW will the contents go missing?! Are you kidding? Did you open the box or someone else opened it for you?
    3. When the BOX is UNTAMPERED with all 4 sides with SPIGEN Company seal, there is NO WAY the item goes MISSING!

Please proceed with Ebay Complaint procedure and ebay will deal with all of these looking at the facts!

2 days later ie on 6th Nov 2014, the buyer sent a claim message stating the item is NOT received at his end.

I’ve immediately, emailed and Sent messages Via Ebay Website, as follows:

The buyer is CLEARLY MISUSING BUYER PROTECTION. The Item I've sent is SEALED BRAND NEW UNTAMPERED BOXED ITEM which I've taken photograph before shipping the item as a precautionary measure. When the SEAL is UNTAMPERED in MINT condition HOW will the contents go missing?! Is it believable? When the BOX is UNTAMPERED with all 4 sides with SPIGEN Company seal, there is NO WAY the item goes MISSING! THIS BUYER is a trying to CHEAT and SIMPLY LYING. It was my mistake NOT to ship the item for a buyer who has NOT BEEN RATED yet with a feedback. FYI, Buyer(jani_al) has NO rating(ZERO+ve Feedback) for his ID. I’ve faith on the Ebay resolution procedure and I want my hard earned money! I'm here on ebay to do pleasant transactions. HE HAS RATED me with FIRST -ve rating and damaged my budding business reputation. I appeal ebay to reverse the rating action and do control these kinds of cheats by castigating from Ebay! This buyer has nothing to lose with Zero(0) rating but I'm at loss! From few days, I’ve lost many potential buyers, who bought item from other sellers after this –ve FEEDBACK!

NO REPLIES RECEIVED from 6th Till 11th Nov 2014. I’ve given another email on 11th Nov 2014 and as usual I received an automated message as “We will get back to you in 24 to 48 hrs”

Finally, an automated message received on my email as “Buyers refund approved!”

On 12th Nov 2104 I contacted Ebay on their toll free telephone line and spoke to Ebay Seller Care

Shocking revelation :

Ebay Claim Adjuster has NOT looked into the emails or messages sent by me by the time he has taken the decision.

By the end of the call, she said she will manually message the concerned team to HOLD THE FUNDS of the Buyer! Felt happy and hanged down the telephone!

No one contacted me so far for the redressal regarding the Claim raised by buyer against even after 48 hrs!

2nd Contact on 14th Nov 2014 at 11:51Am. Here comes a fool with no knowledge about the functioning of ebay To me this FUKR seemed more like a liability to ebay rather than AN ASSET in any angle! He argued with me saying WHY DIDN'T I CONTACT EBAY ON TELEPHONE LINE instead of sending emails or messages via Ebay Webpage contact us page!

I said, I'm fed up calling your ebay as every time I contacted, your lines got automatically disconnected saying, huge volumes of calls are being handled by the ebay care so left me waiting in the queue and after sometime disconnected automatically! So, this made me to write an email. This dumb kept on arguing that because I've NOT contacted ebay via a TELEPHONE LINE the REFUND HAS BEEN APPROVED! A PRACTICAL JOKE OF THE CENTURY!

I was surprised and asked him is there anywhere on the Ebay help pages saying the ONLY MODE OF CONTACT TO EBAY IS VIA TELEPHONE LINE?

He has NO ANSWER and kept on singing like a parrot the same phrase “I've NOT contacted ebay via a TELEPHONE LINE so, the REFUND HAS BEEN APPROVED!”

I asked him are the email ID's  are UNMANNED MAILBOXES? If they are NOT UNMANNED MAILBOXES, Why are my emails NOT read by the claim adjuster to know the facts!

He has NO ANSWER!

I asked him why ebay has NOT contacted me while taking a decision on my money explaining the circumstances that has driven Ebay to such a judgment.

He has NO ANSWER! He said repeatedly he can do nothing in this!

I asked him if he can do nothing, I want to speak to your superior. He said He will ask the previous colleague  to talk to me and said he will transfer the call and simply disconnected after 10 minutes! That is Ebay for you Folks! An Escapist company!

I called for the 2nd time, Spoke Sellers Dept after 20 mins. He suspiciously asked me different set of security questions no one asked me before as if he knows the whole story from his colleagues, but finally, after brief conversation and many HOLDS in the call offered me saying the Claim Adjuster assured him that he will give me a call back by evening! He also said claim adjuster is busy so cant right away call me now so asked me to understand the situation. I thanked him and ended the call, BUT NO HOPE of receiving the call but will wait keeping fingers crossed!

UPDATE : As ANTICIPATED, I NEVER RECEIVED ANY CALL FROM THE Ebay Claim Adjuster. This seems like a ploy to end the call and escape for the day!

An interesting thing told by Sellers Dept is that Ebay has contacted the BUYER on 11th Nov 2014. I’m wondering the disputed item is mine, I've lost my money, Item, Shipping charges, Ebay listing fee, Time etc BUT ebay has time to contact buyer BUT NOT SELLER? Is this fair enough to take a decision without consulting both the parties?!

Conclusion:

Why we(Sellers) are made victims if the fault is CLEARLY yours(EBAY INDIA)? If the claim adjustor has NOT seen the documents I've produced by the time he has taken the decision, is it sellers fault? Is it NOT GROSS NEGLIGENCE? Is it not Ebay's(Mediator's) responsibility to explain the circumstances which has driven ebay to such a judgement to approve claim?!

In reply to every message of mine, I received a confirmation email “Thanks for your email - we'll get back to you soon” Is this NOT enough proof that I contacted ebay?! How could Ebay claim I never contacted if I've contacted these many times?! Is this NOT enough to STOP/HOLD REFUND? Is this NOT irresponsible behavior of ebay?

We(sellers) TRUST EBAY and you take decisions on your own without looking at the facts presented on our behalf? How can Ebay distribute our hard earned money to Cheats and liars?! Is this NOT entertaining Cheats? If Ebay has no time to look into the facts how appropriate or worthy is Ebay TO JUDGE Claims?

A. What happened to Ebay Guarantee, Ebay Seller Protection etc are all these FALSE PROMOTIONS from Ebay to lure poor sellers like us?!

B. If you are ONLY PROTECTING THE CHEATS who misuses the Ebay Buyer Protection who will Protect SELLERS like us from them?

C. How could ebay directly send a message for refund approval without letting both the parties why ebay has come to such a conclusion to REFUND THE MONEY TO BUYER? Is it NOT Ebay’s responsibility to explain the circumstances which has driven ebay to such a judgement?!

D. If Buyers of this kind go on claiming for refunds one after the other or try to threaten sellers looking at the negative feedbacks will you keep on distributing our hard earned money every time because you hold our money with you!? Is this what seller protection is all about?!

PLIGHT of a DISGUSTED Ebay Seller!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

NEVER THINK OF BEING A SELLER ON EBAY! *** AN ESCAPIST MARKETPLACE TO PROTECT CHEATS ***

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.........
This story is already known to all sellers on ebay India centuries back, welcome to the real world of selling !!!

PS: You should have read the ebay help pages to understand the rules before selling on ebay.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply