Most Auctions Are Fake!,Cheating in Auctions

madgulkar
Community Member
This refers to Item number: 9740150123 & Item number: 9740149785 by seller karansworld ,I was bidding on those items from last couple of days,But suddenly seller closed both biddings mentioning that error in listing,actually main reason was low bidding cost,this is really fraud to close listing by giving fake reasons when you are not getting expected bids!.From customer point of view this is cheating from seller and ebay,If this continues then this is going to affect ebay image.What is the use of auction when it is fake!.Same thing about 1Paisa auction,Many times Item cost was shown as 1 Paise and Courier/delivery cost as Rs.600!,Do ebay think that buyers are mentally retired?.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

skyshopindia
Community Member
Hi madgulkar

Regarding your first point, only seller can explain the reason of closing the auction before end. But regarding High Shipping Charge I have two points:
1. Shipping charge is not a hidden parameter, it is well displayed at the main visible position of the item page and also with listing page. So when a buyer intend to bid a product he/she can easily view this charge separately.
2. Yet if you think this is abnormally high (as you have pointed out) and effecting the eBay image, there is a policy where you can report to eBay for Abnormal High shipping Charge. Definitely eBay will look into the matter and will take necessary action.

Regards
skyshopindia
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

madgulkar
Community Member
Hello Skyshopindia

I am aware of fact that people are here to do business and in this world nothing is free,but as a buyer if we are getting quality we never compromise for money.My point is,you should be transperent,if it is not feasible for seller to sell any product by bidding method then don't go for Auction sell it by Direct Buy method if product is good we will buy it,if he is compensating cost by adding extraordinary courier charges then it is cheating.I always ignore such products which shows such listing as at very first site you lose faith over seller.

I think the functioning of site should be as such that buyer will get product at low cost than market and seller should get his satisfactory cost and increase customer base by providing low cost than market. The case which i have mentioned about seller karansworld is that he closed bid because he realized that he will not get minimum cost he want so he closed two bids prematurely making all bidders fool so collapsing concept of auction .
Message 3 of 3
latest reply