Major FLAW in payment process of eBay

aneeskm
Community Member

Major flaw in payment process of eBay

I was a regular buyer from eBay and had to stop the same as I became victim of a flaw in your payment process.

I purchased a barbeque from eBay on 9th October and Seller updated the courier details with a fake consignment number. But when I called him he told that he will not ship the item and asked me to initiate a refund. I did so but was rejected as the item is not shipped and I cannot initiate refund before I receive the item. Later eBay initiated an auto refund as shipment is not delivered. But later put Refund on hold because of this fake consignment no. seller updated. Since my previous refund request was rejected for this item I have no option to request again.

Since then, more than a month now, I keep calling service and they agree that the item is not shipped and that consiignment number is invalid and confirm that the refund will be given in 24-48 hours and its more than one month now. They keep giving new service number and the latest service no is 1-38621108702.

SO IF THE SELLER PUT A FAKE CONSIGNMENT NUMBER YOU NEED TO STRUGGLE FOR MONTHS TO GET (STILL STRUGGLING) TO GET REFUND. WILL NOT LEAVE THIS TILL I GET THE AMOUNT BACK WITH INTEREST.

SHAME ON YOU EBAY TO HAVE THESE KIND OF FLAW IN HANDLING CUTOMERS MONEY IRRESPOSIVELY.

This is the response I got when contacted through facebook

"Dear Anees, We are glad to inform you that we have processed your refund on 04-Nov- 2014. Please note that it takes at least 6 - 8 working days for the amount to reflect in your account.
In case if you haven't received it within the stipulated time we would request you to send us your bank statement from the date of transaction till date on paisapaydocs@ebay.com. Our team will co-ordinate with the bank regarding the same and update you via email."

A victim of this flaw.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

aneeskm
Community Member

1. Today morning I called and the call got disconnected after I expained the issue

2. I called them again and he talked to the Concerned department and they updated him itseems that I will get a mail today on the approval of the refund. Till this moment I didnt get the same

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I tried to post by pasting the communication I had with customer care and it was deleted as I am not supposed to publish private content. I was happy and sad to know that they acknowledged that they read the mail, but did not take any action to refund the money. Instead deleted the post.

Here is the snap shot...

On 18th I had a chat with customer care and that person confirmed that It will be resolved in 24 hrs for sure and told me that since I called the day before and I was asked to wait 48 hrs, 24 hrs still pending...

He continued to quote the same statements "Escalated to concerned department" , "Sorry for inconvineince caused" etc. He kept saying me to be patied for 24 hrs.

Its 3 day now after this

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Today (21 Nov) again had chat with the customer care. After I mentioned the service request number the person did not respon for 15 minutes and the chat session got closed.

This chat content was also deleted as per the protocol...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

HELLO, 

IT IS CLEARLY A SELLER MISTAKES SIR. YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO CHECK SELLER FEEDBACK AND PAST TRANSACTION HAPPENED WITH THEM. 

EBAY IS REALLY REALLY SLOW NOW A DAYS FOR RESOLVING ISSUE. AS A SELLER ON EBAY, THERE ARE MORE THAN 50 CONSIGNMENTS SHOWS DELIVERED TO BUYR 20 DAYS BACK BUT ON EBAY SYSTEM, IT SHOWS THAT ITEM IS " READY TO SHIP" AND THEN CHANGED IT TO REFUND INITIATED. AND NOW TODAY, IT SHOWS REFUND ON HOLD. 

THERE ARE MORE THAN 1 LACS RUPPES ON HOLD AT EBAY END SINCE LAST 20 DAYS EVEN BUYER GOT THE PRODUCT, THEY ARE HAPPY , LEFT FEEDBACK. FEW BUYERS TOLD ME THAT WHY STATUS SHOWS REFUND EVEN WE HAVE RECIEVED THE PRODUCT. WE HAVE TO TELL THEM ALL THIS EBAY STORY AS WHATS EBAY IS DOING WITH SELLER AND HOW THEY KEEP THE MONEY WITH THEM FOR PAYING SALARY TO THEIR EMPLOYEES. 

2 BUYERS TOLD ME " WE DO NOT WANT REFUND AS WE GOT THE PRODUCT. IF YOU WANT ANY HELP FROM US, LET US KNOW WE WILL ASK EBAY TO GIVE YOU REFUND. 

EBAY SEEMS VERY SLOW IN RESOLVE ISSUE. IF TRANSACTION GOES SMOOTHLY , IT GOES FASTEST COMPARE TO ANY OTHER WEBSITE BUT WHEN YOU GET ISSUES, YOU WILL BE TRAPPED. MONTHS AND MONTHS PASSED BUT NO RESOLUTIONS !! 

FINGER CROSSED FOR YOUR PROBLEM !! 

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hi sallus,

Thanks for your response. I understand that it is the fault with the seller. But that seller was a good seller by rating.

Say even i it is a bad seller, as per the "Paisa Pay guarentee" eBay gives, this should have settled way before as the item was not shipped at all. eBay customer care verified and tells me each time I call that the item is not shipped. Still till refund is "On Hold" till now inspite of them "Escalating to concerned department with higher priority".

I agree with you on the point that "IF TRANSACTION GOES SMOOTHLY , IT GOES FASTEST COMPARE TO ANY OTHER WEBSITE". But not always it goes like that and if like the situation mentioned, eBay screws your life as they dont pay your money back easily.

Its 45 days now.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Yesterday I again had a conversation with Customer care and got the same kind of responses. Each time they "apolagize for delay" and ensure that this will done at the earliest. I also got a confirmation they will personally look into this issue and ensure that this is resolved.

GUYS SERIOUSLY THINK BEFORE YOU BUY FROM EBAY. YOU MAY HAVE TO SPEND MORE MONEY  (INTERMS OF TIME/EFFORT) TO GET BACK YOUR MONEY.

Its 46 days now

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

This is still open and keep getting the same response. I am planning to take it to the press.This mail below I got from the seller from his eBay email id.

Dear sir,
Please approve with a mail saying that you would like to remove the negative feedback left for the seller.e that
I also once again state that i do not have any claim and please make a refund to the buyer
reg..
Ajay

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Every time I call customercare they say it is on hold and later they understand that it is approved. This is what I got through facebook

"Dear Anees, We are glad to inform you that we have processed your refund on 04-Nov- 2014. Please note that it takes at least 6 - 8 working days for the amount to reflect in your account.
In case if you haven't received it within the stipulated time we would request you to send us your bank statement from the date of transaction till date on paisapaydocs@ebay.com. Our team will co-ordinate with the bank regarding the same and update you via email."

But last day when I called I was told at the end that it is approved on Nov 24th and will take 7 to 8 days...

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Any update on this?

@aneeskm wrote:

Every time I call customercare they say it is on hold and later they understand that it is approved. This is what I got through facebook

But last day when I called I was told at the end that it is approved on Nov 24th and will take 7 to 8 days...

Message 10 of 12
latest reply