cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lessons Learned hard way - would never buy through ebay!!

yojo961038
Community Member
I do not know whether this kind of case is common here or is rare but what has happened with me is extremely frustating which is leading me to a decision that I would never use ebay ever!!!
Last month, I paid Rs15349/- immediately through paisa Pay to buy a sony ericson s700i phone which was put up for sale by an established ebay shop. The dealer after accepting payment calls me to say that he does not have a stock (God knows why he advertised then?) The offer is still there by the shop live in ebay. He accepts the money and then tries to sell me something else instead. When I said I cannot anything except what I bought, he said he would return the money by same paisaPay. Now it has been exactly 1 month 7 days and I have neither got the money or the thing I bought. I have not put the case on dispute as the dealer says he is in the process of returning the money. Does it take so long for PaisaPay to credit the money? I cant understand this.... Its a lesson hard learned and tends me to believe that high value purchase in ebay is extremely risky and you can loose all the money. I am though in constant touch with dealer and he is been nice to me, but the real task is not done. Neither I get my money back nor do I get the stuff that I bought!!! and ebay is quiet about it !!
can ebay India team help? or is happy loosing a customer forever?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

runalaila_in1
Community Member
if what you say has happened with you ... and no action taken by ebay to get your money back is the case ,,, then i agree it can be a frustrating experience ... and i sincerely hope all will end well
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

yojo961038
Community Member
The dealer now says he is having problems with paisa pay and he can return my money by draft but the paisa pay and ebay charge would be deducted which would amount to Rs.900/-. What is ebay doing about it? I have still not heard any responses from ebay help team. ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS??
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello yojo961038,

I regret the unpleasant experience you have had on eBay. Most of the transactions on eBay go through without any issues. However, for those rare cases where the transaction does not go through smoothly, eBay has processes to address these, so that genuine buyers and sellers are protected.

We depend on users informing us about such transactions, so that we can look into the same. Going only by what you have written here, it seems that you have not opened a dispute. In this case, we do not know that your transaction has not gone through smoothly. All your communication so far have been only with the seller.

In case you have still not received your money, you can lodge a complaint by opening an Item Not Received dispute. You can get more details of this in our Help pages. For your reference, I am providing the link for a page which talks about eBay's Buyer Protection Program - http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html.
Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

ishaquemv
Community Member
Dear vojo

Thanks for your posting and expect that you will conceal the name of seller.just wait for your seller
that he still contacting you and the money you have to lost 900/-.it is not justified.you must make complaint on e bay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Never ever conceal the name of such fraud sellers while posting your problem. I found that the ID of the seller is SELLULOSE. He has recently got 3 -ve ratings and seems to be a fraudulent one.

By no means you should accept his proposal of any deduction as he has not even delivered your product. With my experience, I can tell you that there is no complicacy to refund by Paisa Pay if you just open a Dispute. Its also very fast (1-2 days max.). You must open a Dispute immediately, as advised by Rohit. Also put a strong -ve feedback to warn other members to refrain from dealing with this fraud.

He is still offering 4 similar items. He has increased the Price of the item after you won the bid. May be the original reason for declining your delivery is that he had mentioned a lower Price & did not want to loose money for his own fault but strangely expect you to loose 900/- !!!! So mean in morality. Ebay must punish such fraud as this SELLULOSE. Actually ebay must provide a link to directly lodge complain to the various cyber crime division of India.

Regards
Swarup
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

yojo961038
Community Member
Thank youy ebay community and all that supported this thread. Its probably because of this thread and the dispute he ultimately paid up the exact money and that also I had to call him at least twice to request the money refund. After all dispute etc. The entire experience has been so frustating for me. I finally got back my money exactly three months later. Looking at all these my friends who had been regular buyers in ebay have started beleiving that if you buy in ebay, never buy for an amouynt that you cannot sustyain to loose. It is very unfortunate that people have started beleiving that online purchase still does not work in India. Ebay has removed the list from my buy list hence there is no way that I can leave a strong -ve remark for the fradulant seller "SELLULOSE". Through this community I would like to propose that the sellers accounts should be regularly checked in ebay. Because of such sellers ebay is earning direputation among common buyers like me.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Good to hear that you have got back your money.

You can do safe dealings on eBay if you just check the profiles of the members properly. Just click on the user IDs to see their profiles. To start with deal with sellers who have good ratings and most important - have a very low % of -ve feedback. Just scan the -ve & Neutral feedbacks well as some of them may be from casual non-paying buyers / impatient / illogical bidders. If you scan the Feedbacks in the profile well then you will get a good guess about the reliability of the seller.
Start with low value deals and never exceed the amount 10000/- at the beginning. eBay offers refunds for undelivered bids upto 10000/- (less courier charges by the seller and less 50/-). As you gain some more experience then you can make deals for higher values as your intuition will guide you properly.

. Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup Dutta
Kolkata
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 8 of 8
latest reply