cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kind Attn: Mr. Lahiri (Marketing Head) & Ms. Sapana: A Question!!

atanumukherji
Community Member
Question:

Dear Mr. Lahiri/ Ms. Sapana,

I wonder whether I would ever receive the courtesy of a direct response from you, inspite and despite all the blogs I have been writing.

I feel you have a good set up and an excellent product range, barring a few sporadic fraudulent, like the one I fell prey to. I think you should ramp up your so called customer care and investigation departments and verify the antecedent of each seller, before giving him admittance.

Else you might just have to tread the misfortunes of the erstwhile eBay affiliates, "Bazee.Com":_|

My question to you is, who makes the refund, when a seller derigisters himself suddenly and vanishes into thin air with the booty??

If you find the time and the inclination, you will kindly spare a few moments of your 'valuable' time and go through all the blogs (including mine) and the disputes logged in.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

With Thanks & Warm Regards,

Atanu Mukherji

PS: In order to bolster and re establish my faith and confidence on eBay, I have just placed two small orders. Let us see how these turn out!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi atanumukherji,

to your question:
My question to you is, who makes the refund, when a seller derigisters himself suddenly and vanishes into thin air with the booty??

All your transacitons on eBay are covered under eBay buyer protection program. If you pay via PaisaPay, you are covered upto 50,000 and 10,000 in case of any other mode of payment.

I had forwarded your post to my colleague in the Trust and Safety team. I was told that your claim amount has been dispatched to you.

I hope you will enjoy your future purchases on eBay!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Dear Mr.mukherji,

Its a standard practise of eBay , when seller received lots of negative feedback about product & service then as per eBay rules they suspend the seller from eBay .

As u have issue with the product , please open dispute of " item not as describe" & escalate the claim to eBay u will received the refund from eBay.

i hope my reply will help you to close your issue.

best regards.

Ashok Jain

Mahavir Computers pvt ltd.

Mumbai

---------------
With Regards,
Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd

";)
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

vijaypatnaik2k7
Community Member
Complaint :
Prod ID230130508706 Seller ID TANOTESHWARY (now deregistered in ebay)

I have just raised a refund claim on this item which was not delivered. To my surprise, I am to get only Rs.95.00 !!

Whereas I have been charged Rs. 230
Sale price: Rs. 145.00
Quantity: 1
Subtotal: Rs. 145.00
Shipping & Handling: Flat Rate Courier - Delivery anywhere in India: Rs. 85.00

Neither am I getting the full refund of the product, nor for the courier charges, which was never sent.

On that EBAY is charging Rs.50 too ensuring that it gets its money out of nowhere.

The seller is absconding with Rs.230 in full.

In the bargain the buyer is left with only Rs.95 !!! with no product on hand !!!

Its not ebay its become ebuntybubly for ebay and sellers alike.

I think this case should go to consumer forum.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

atanumukherji
Community Member
Dear Ms. Sapana,

Most gracious of you to have responded promptly to my query and thanks for your efforts in trying to get me my refund. This will indeed go a long way in keeping up a fruitful business association between us.

As of today afternoon, I have neither received this refund nor heard from this colleague of your's. Please do keep me posted on this.

I also take this oppurtunity to thanks Mr. Ashok jain of M/s Mahavir Computers Pvt. Ltd for his valuable advice. The problem, Mr. Jain, is that I am not able to log in a second complaint on the product. The first one was "Item not received", which was delivered in 10 days instead of 2 days.

The second dispute is 'item not as described' which the system refuses to accept.

Atanu Mukherji

Kind Attn: Mr. jain: Under which name are your computer merchandise listed?
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

atanumukherji
Community Member
Dear Ms. Sapana,

Most gracious of you to have responded promptly to my query and thanks for your efforts in trying to get me my refund. This will indeed go a long way in keeping up a fruitful business association between us.:8}

As of today afternoon, I have neither received this refund nor heard from this colleague of your's. Please do keep me posted on this.

I also take this oppurtunity to thanks Mr. Ashok jain :-Dof M/s Mahavir Computers Pvt. Ltd for his valuable advice. The problem, Mr. Jain, is that I am not able to log in a second complaint on the product. The first one was "Item not received", which was delivered in 10 days instead of 2 days.

The second dispute is 'item not as described' which the system refuses to accept.

Atanu Mukherji

Kind Attn: Mr. jain: Under which name are your computer merchandise listed?
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi,
It is always better if the seller takes the initiative to refund.I once made a refund to a buyer from Italy.The shipment was delayed.
But she paid me back when she received the articoli,may be somewhat late.She was my repeat buyer.
It is her daughter who used to instigate her against me.But she was a good old lady and she always understood an old man's problems.
The only thing was that she knew only Italian language and a bit of French+Belgian language.
But things just went fine for a long time.
I still remember those days.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 7
latest reply