cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item listed as free local delivery, but still being charged for local delivery

I tried to buy a product and met with a problem. I'm asking about it here because I think it has more to do with eBay's procedure than with the seller's listing.

The seller specifies free shipping within his city and a shipping charge outside.  Although I don't live in the seller's city, I have a second shipping address already registered there. But when I tried to buy it and specified the second shipping address, the shipping charge is still included in the amount I have to pay. So I backed out without completing the buying process.

Shouldn't it be possible to buy it without having to pay the extra shipping charge as long as the delivery address is within the seller's city?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hello, 

To get free shipping if seller mention that " Free shipping within seller city", buyer should have to enter a seller city postcode . For example, I live in ahmedabad. There are nearly 40 -50 post code. As of now, I am just entering one post code for free shipping, even ebay system allow seller to enter only one post code while listing item as item location. 

If you want a free shipping wherever you are, just contact seller and get their postcode for item location or postcode which they have entered while creating listing and enter it while checking out product. and you will get free shipping . 

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. When you say that I should enter the same post code as the seller, do you mean the exact number or just the same city code? In this particular case, the seller is in Delhi. My second registered shipping address is also in Delhi (with postal code 110021), and I selected that as the delivery address. Shouldn't that be enough?
Without asking the seller, I don't know his exact postal code. Suppose his code is, say 110005, this is obviously in the same city as my code of 110021. I thought this would automatically entitle me to free shipping.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

UPDATE: To find out more about the issue, I changed my registration address and my primary shipping address to my Delhi address. It makes no difference. Both addresses are now in the same city as the seller's, but when I go to checkout, I'm still being billed for shipping.

This is my first experience with trying to buy from a seller in the same city and this seller clearly offers free shipping within the city. It's very puzzling. I request an authoritative clarification from an eBay official.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply