Issue with Laptop Purchased and ebay support

in_va06
Community Member

All@ebay Team,

I have been trying to get in touch with the greviance officer, who is totally unreachable. Direct line keeps on ringing and then goes to voicemail and Board number is just forwarded to the extn which again goes into voicemail.

Why do you have a gereviance officer mentioned on the site if no one is there to answer.

Have also sent a mail to DL-EBAY-IN-GRIEVANCE-OFFICER@ebay.com with no revert from ebay.

Putting my query on this discussion forum and hoping someone from ebay to revert.

I had purchased the laptop on the 18th of Dec '14 and it is just over 6 months it already has an issue where the screen is not working. When asked for a replacement seller said that it will not be possible and only can be repaired even though in warranty period. Seller then directed me to a person in Lamington rd for repairs. When I asked on the authenticity of the laptop being repaired with no unnecessary removal of parts he said that it cannot be assured and asked me to send it to Chennai. Moreover he has said that the sending of the laptop from Mumbai to Chennai will be at my cost and risk.

Item : HP 15 Touch 4th gen i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HD Win 8.1 Intel Graphics 1 Yr Warranty

This is a big investment and getting a problem so soon with a doubtful resolution is not acceptable.

I have two questions for the ebay team.
1> What checks do you do on the genuine nature of the seller
2> I have received an address from the seller, that i need confirmation on, since ebay customer care said they cannot validate the same. The numbers on the letter head in the attachments and the SMS details provided by seller below do not tally

Request a quick revert on the correctness of the address and the kind of action that ebay intends to take against the supplier.

Regards,

Anthony

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

in_va06
Community Member

Ebay Team,

You were fast at editing the message but there is still no answer from your team nor the greviance officer on the query raised by me.

I want a confirmation on the seller address. I have send mails to the greviance officer

I have been following up with ebay for quite a while with no results.

I have done purchases from ebay but this is the first time I have approached for support. And sadly the support has been a horrible experience.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ebay Team,

Not yet received a mail revert.

How long does one have to wait? Pathetic service

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ebay Team,

Yesterday I received a call from ebay customer support @ 5:44 p, confirming that thay have written to the seller and that a fedex courier had been arranged to pick up the laptop. The customer service agent also informed me that I would be receiving a mail from the ebay logistics team with 2 forms, within half an hour's time, that would be required to be sent along with the courier person who would be coming by around 2 pm the next day for the pick up.

Have not yet received any mailer from the logistics team. I have also written about the same to insellerverification@ebay.com from where I got an automated reply that the same will be looked at within 48 hrs.

Please note that until I get a confirmation from the ebay logistics team over their official mail id, I will not be entrusting the laptop to any courier person.

Would request you to first send the mailer and rearrange the pick up for Saturday ie the 25th of July '15.

Regards,

Anthony

Message 4 of 4
latest reply