cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is Ebay cheating us by "HAPPY GO CRAZY DIWALI SALE" ???

Is Ebay INdia chating us by "HAPPY GO DIWALI SALE"??? Whenever I get the coupon thrigh this scheme at 11.00 am 5.00pm is use it.It shows that Smart move You have save ___ money.But when i go to payment option and select debit card and when click 'Pay Now', it simply shows 'This eBay coupon has expired. Please use a different coupon or proceed to payment." I have encountered this same kind of problem at the time of Azadi rocks sale too. I'm sure that it is not my computer's problem-I checked this in different computers'.So I think that it will be a server problem or somethong like that from Ebay side.I kindly request you to have a look at this and  fix this problem....

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I second this.

At the payment page. Ebay ends up showing that there has been an error or that the coupon has expired. How can the coupon expire after i have applied it. 

Either ebay is cheating us.

or

not declaring the rules clearly.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi chimbu_valtech,

This happens because there are limited coupons live for a short time frame and many users are simultaneously trying to use them. So though you saw that the coupon was available, it could have been used up by the time you proceeded to payment.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

There are multiple times I successfully added the coupon code to proceed to payment page to click on pay now button after selecting the bank. Soon after hitting the pay now button it shows technical error screen instead of going to gateway.

Attached is their error screen

I hope Ebay learn from Groupon's Onion deal.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The time spent on Ebay Diwali sales 2013is a sheer waste. The message that the coupon we have posted has reached the maximum number at the time of making payment is an old trick. Today I could get a 20% discount coupon and when i made the purchase, the usual  "smart move" appeared , showing the details of discount etc..but when I made the payment using my debit card, the full amount was deducted. I could have got 6% discount we all get when we use the debit or credit card of HDFC, ICICI etc.

So no more wasting of my time ..sitting with eyes glued to the monitor and picking up the coupon number at lightening speed, just to go though the feeling of getting betrayed.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ebay is using a trick for cheating.Its Happy Go Diwali 100% and 80% off coupons are totally fake.No one is able to get that.Within 2sec its been shown on ebay if we apply them,ebay just shows that thy've been expired...!!!!!!!!!!

@josetd007 wrote:

Is Ebay INdia chating us by "HAPPY GO DIWALI SALE"??? Whenever I get the coupon thrigh this scheme at 11.00 am 5.00pm is use it.It shows that Smart move You have save ___ money.But when i go to payment option and select debit card and when click 'Pay Now', it simply shows 'This eBay coupon has expired. Please use a different coupon or proceed to payment." I have encountered this same kind of problem at the time of Azadi rocks sale too. I'm sure that it is not my computer's problem-I checked this in different computers'.So I think that it will be a server problem or somethong like that from Ebay side.I kindly request you to have a look at this and  fix this problem....

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes Ebay India is definitely cheating us not only for Happy Go Crazy Diwali Sale but even for discount coupons I received a mail from ebay that there is 7.5% off coupon and with in minutes i applied the coupon for my purchase and it said this coupon has reached maximum redemption limit. So this proves that they are definitely fooling the customers they assume that the customers are fools and can be fooled easily and consider themselves to be very wise to fool .
Message 7 of 7
latest reply