Is DTDC a Nightmare for e-bay

soujannya31
Community Member
I'd ordered 2 items in a row from e-bay. A shoe and an MP3 player. Both the sellers were quik to send the items. However I received none of them. As in both the cases my courier was DTDC. We cannot say my local DTDC is a problem as the delivery address for both the products were different. when i tried calling DTDC Apex in Delhi, the lady on the phone was as lousy as their service. So no resolution came up. The result was a loss for both seller and me. Can we(sellers and consumers) drive a joint movement against DTDC? Also is e-bay listening?
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

As a seller I had similar problems with Professional couriers also.The products were not delivered to the buyer on time,thus I used to get a negative feedback.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Iam a new seller here.
When I buy items from snapdeal,letsbuy,flipkart for personal use I receive by Bluedart /Aramex on COD terms even for Rs 250 item.
But as a small seller in Ebay to ship an item From Hyderabad to Jullundhar I check bludart site for courier charges-it is Rs 300 for package up to 500 gms?
Why dont Ebay negotiate a centralise price contract for all ebay sellers (atleast in metro and big cities)
Finally I sent by DTDC ( Rs 80 for all India (not regional)for weight up to 250gms.
I have once used DTDC for sending childrens CD to a family member in delhi.It was delivered prompt.
Now after reading your negative feedback on DTDC ,Iam worried now.
The parcel was packed in bubble wrap and sealed well and re taped by courier office people.
1.It has to reach the customer in time and un damaged.
2.customer has to open the product and check and confirm in the system after confirming it is working (it is brand new product)
I hope I dont under go similar shennigans by DTDC suffered by poster
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

saravanakumar_kamal
Community Member
Yes you are true real nightmare i was buying stuffs in ebay but nothing is delivered by dtdc so moving to flipkart and blue dart really rocking !!!! i get everything propmtly...
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I am posting this comment after I read my own comments posted here one year earlier.Guess what I shipped 150 light weight shipments (ordinary) in the last 45 daysvia DTDC.Now Iam getting a rate of rs 45 for 1st landing Airport City & Rs 55 for further Tier two cities. All my valuable shipments above rs 5000 are sent by DTDC Plus Zonal(Bangalore,Chennai,Vizag etc) @rs 145 ,Metro Plus (Mumbai,Delhi etc) @rs 170 & DTDC Blue for National Tier II cities @rs 195. Regional & Metro delivers next day. Blue delivers second day.Not a single case of lost shipment.But I came here when I was searching for Lucknow DTDC franchaisee email .The parcel I sent 3 days back(ordinary) meant for Lucknow is still in Delhi APEX.So I will be firing emails to DTDC all support offices.Iam confident it will deliver on Monday. 10 packets sent on Thursday/Friday to all over Inda has been deliverd.They are a bit of messy. But flexible & we can work with them. Bluedart is good.All my incoming comes via Bluedart.But I can not afford Bluedart with out power shipping contract rates.Waiting to be enrolled still for power shipping. Since with DTDC , I ship same day up to 7pm all incoming orders, Iam not worried.
So work with DTDC.It is the cheapest Courier,Kind of organised with tracking.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

royalbengalshop
Community Member
DTDC and Professional Couriers are thieves. I do not buy anything from any seller who use these Couriers. I ask before I buy. If it's DTDC or Professional, I simply pass it off. 😄
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

dreamers2k1
Community Member
One of the worst courier is DTDC.Totally hopeless with a pathetic customer support. They can't locate simple addresses which other couriers find easily. I lost three various consignments Cauz of this useless courier. I ve stopped using them.recently received a product from ebay through this courier after 10 days of shipment by seller. I appeal to sellers to stop such bad courier service. They bring down the reputation of the whole e commerce business
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

dtdc is total crap
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Recently i have shipped a product to bombay, which is not received by buyer, buyer claims for refund, i checked with DTDC for POD, POD copy received from DTDC, in POD my product is delivered to some other person also they have not taken cell phone number of receiver.

Next part is eBay comes with buyer to discuss with me regarding refund issue as they have to show that their eBay guarantee is helping buyers. what they did is they connected my call directly to buyer and they enjoyed our fight sitting aside.

I agreed to give refund to buyer, as it was a low priced item, after discussion with buyer i asked eBay, what is the guarantee it is giving to seller in this case? they answered that i have to fight with courier service to get my product/money back!!!

I listed item without any errors (no fake images or false details), i responded buyer on time, i shipped item soon i got the payment, i have shipping proof, also i have POD. Perfect but still i am the looser here...

:(
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

melvynmisquita
Community Member
The DTDC office here in Goa is extremely sloppy and unprofessional.

Your parcel (AWB No.: Z89690146) was sent to me on April 27 and it reached the Goa on April 29. For the next few days, there was absolutely no communication nor delivery of your parcel. Since yesterday (May 2) I have been calling the Panjim DTDC office repeatedly to enquire about your parcel, but there was no response from the office. Nor did anyone at the DTDC office bother to respond to my frequent calls on the DTDC mobile number 09370191860.

I then went to the office today (3 May) and finally demanded that they hand over your parcel to me in person. Finally, after much wastage of time and effort, I managed to get your parcel from the DTDC office. I have now decided to ask all my relatives and friends to stay away from DTDC, at least here in Goa.

Please AVOID DTDC service here in Goa. They are most unprofessional and sloppy. As of now, DTDC in Goa stands for: Dont Trust Dtdc Courier!!!
Message 10 of 19
latest reply