Invalid auction & bids

indianaquariums
Community Member
Hi,

When a user is already a winner in an auction then why the current winning user is allowed to bid more ?

For example:

k***7 - Rs. 5,769.98
6***9 - Rs. 5,569.98
6***9 - Rs. 5,015.50
6***9 - Rs. 4,169.50
k***w - Rs. 3,700.00
k***w - Rs. 3,400.00
k***w - Rs. 3,100.00
k***w - Rs. 2,800.00
d***s - Rs. 2,500.00
d***s - Rs. 2,000.00
u***a - Rs. 1,200.00
u***a - Rs. 360.00
u***a - Rs. 254.00
u***a - Rs. 154.00
t***4 - Rs. 79.00
t***4 - Rs. 29.00
u***a - Rs. 3.00

Now in the above case you can see that several people have bidded again and again yet they were winning on their first bid.

For eg. t***4 bid Rs. 29 and he/she was winning but he again re-bid for Rs. 79 and then that u***a guy came in who did same thing 4 times. Ain't this pointless ?

ebay should not allow the bidder to place more bid when they are already winning.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Invalid auction & bids

You are questioning the right of a bidder.This is a very common practice.Nobody can stop that.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Invalid auction & bids

indianaquariums
Community Member
You're wrong. In the world of auction when a bidder is winning he will never ever challenge his/her own bid. It will only be called craziness! This is good on ebay for shill bidding purposes. I hope ebay can stop this.

Stop Shill Bidding!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Invalid auction & bids

You are confused between tender and auction.Ebay is not India govt's PWD.Dont use the word shill bidding loosely.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Invalid auction & bids

@indianaquariums....

Bidding does not work the way you have described. The bider cannot increase him own bid, you are wrong in you analysis.

It goes this way in your example:
t***4 made a bid of Rs.29.00 but he did not increase it to Rs.79.00 on his own, he has also set a max bid limit of Rs.79.00, but the auction will still show next bid amount expected as Rs.79.00 and now if a new bidder comes along and bids for Rs.79.00 then the system will not accept the new bid but will increase the bid of t***4 to Rs.79.00. At this point u***a must have increased his bid to the next level which is Rs.154.00 and the system has accepted the bid of u***a at Rs.154.00 and same process repeats again.

The bid process is system locked and even if you want to increase your bid amount system will not allow you to do so. I hope you get what I am trying to say.

*************************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Invalid auction & bids

indianaquariums
Community Member
Actually you are confused in between tender and auction.

A tender is a system in which selected parties are called and they give their prices in secret manner and the auctioner picks up the one which is the highest one at the end of the selected time frame.

A auction is a system in which the item is open and people bid within a fixed time frame. The highest bidder in the end wins. You cannot challenge your own bid when you're winning bidder. Becuase you will be a fool to increase the bid yourself.

This is why most of the auctions of ebay are fraud and most of the sellers relist the item instead of sending it to the winner.

Its sounds bad but that is the truth and you're a seller and you know it.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Invalid auction & bids

indianaquariums
Community Member
@rajelectroniks

The sequence of bids listed does not reflects your criteria.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Invalid auction & bids

@indianaquariums...

If you care to read what I have written and analyse it then its pretty straight forward.
You want to learn or not its your choice not mine.
I have been on ebay since the year 2000 so I know what I am talking. Take it or leave it....

************************************ Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Invalid auction & bids

Hi rajelectroniks,
Could you please help me understand how to use a business account to most advantage? It works okay.But what else?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Invalid auction & bids

Amitavaji....

I only know that with a business account you can operate on ebay just like a normal business where you can claim depreciation and you have to file returns for business done on ebay, can claim benefits and all for KYC you have to submit your Pvt Ltd registration agreement or partnership deed agreement and you need to have a pan card in the name of your business.
Is there anything specific that you are referring to then please get back.

*********************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply