Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing a new way to pay on PaisaPay – Your Debit Card

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

One of the key ask from our members have been to increase the number of banks by which members could pay on PaisaPay. We are happy to announce that from tomorrow onwards, members will be able to pay on PaisaPay using their Visa and MasterCard Debit Cards.

Please note that Visa or MasterCard may not support payment through some debit cards at their discretion. For example, members will not be able to use Maestro Debit Cards to pay. Also, when paying via debit card, some communication on site may continue to say that you have paid using credit card. We are in the process of changing messaging on the site and expect to complete this over the next couple of months. You can go ahead and start using your Debit cards on PaisaPay.

We hope that this will give a lot of flexibility to our buyers to complete their payment. If you have any questions, please feel free to post on this thread.

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 103
latest reply
102 REPLIES 102

gopalhargi
Community Member
Thanks Ebay
Message 11 of 103
latest reply

nsn2006
Community Member
It is a long pending issue which Ebay has resolved now. Hope this will facilitate to bring in more buyers to EBay community as the payment process is further widened.
Message 12 of 103
latest reply

punditji2009
Community Member
Dear Sapna,
I always approach Ebay Cus.sup.exe when my all resources don't work.All excutives might have a impression that this fellow always bothers us.
After reading your announcement, I just wanted to say a VERY BIG THANKYOU to you people.But first i tried to pay for an item using my mastercard(PNB). It didn't work.Had to call ebay cs and one CSE told me- only CITYBANK.
SAPNA,YOU MIGHT SAY THAT YOU HAD ALREADY WRITTEN"Please note that Visa or MasterCard may not support payment through some debit cards at their discretion."
SAPNA,INSTEAD OF SUCH A LONG LINE YOU TOO COULD HAVE USED ONLY THREE WORDS"CITY BANK ONLY"
I FEEL SORRY THAT EBAY COULDN'T BAG MY "thankyou" THIS TIME TOO.
WISHING YOU GOOD LUCK FOR THE NEXT TIME.
Message 13 of 103
latest reply

tsr.online
Community Member
hi,
this is a great move from ebay, i bet sales on ebay will increase dramatically. but as SIB is most widely used bank and their cards are maestro.
still its better than nothing.
Message 14 of 103
latest reply

poerofgames
Community Member
its not working, its disconnected middle of the transaction,
mine 2 debit cards of different banks are also not working,

I dont know whats he problem,

Reply if any body successfully the transaction,
Message 15 of 103
latest reply

emil_in1
Community Member
How about 0% EMI option? Can I avail of this when I use ICICI Bank debit card?
Message 16 of 103
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi punditji2009,

First of all, please be assured that you coming multiple times is not an issue at all. In fact, we are happy to serve you.

Thanks for letting us know that you got incorrect information from the Customer Support team. We have educated the CSR.

On your debit card not going through, I will have to request you to check with the issuing bank if they have activated net shopping on your debit card. If the answer is yes, please let us know. We will again try and locate the issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Sapana
Message 17 of 103
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi poerofgames,

I have done transaction where it has gone through.

May I request you to check with the issuing bank if they have activated net shopping on your debit card. If yes, then we will have to investigate this further.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 18 of 103
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi emil_in1,

EMI facility can be used only on Credit Cards. Your Debit Card transaction is as good as paying with online bank trnasfer. Since there is no credit facility involved, there is no EMI facility.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 19 of 103
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi phoenix844884,

Certain cards like Maestro Cards do not support net shopping and thus the limitation. If your SBI card is Visa or MasterCard and supports net shopping then you will be able to use the same to pay.

On impact - While we are not sure about the exact impact, in our estimate the number of Mestro Cards issued are relatively low.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 20 of 103
latest reply