Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

International Selling - Know what's important for new seller, 6 Oct, 4-5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

At eBay, our sellers have acess to a huge buyer base of 203 million registered users spanning across 150 countries. This opens a wonderful opportunity of international selling for our sellers. Many sellers from India have already tapped into this opportunity and started selling globally.

We are sure that you will be keen to know more about this opportunity and have a lot of queries regarding this. To help answer them, we have Amarjit from International Selling Team who will help you by answering your questions on what all to look out for when you want to start you international business.

If you have any questions related to international shipping, check out the Online workshop where DHL answered various questions on International Shipping.

To find answers to your questions, or to just say a hello, drop in this Open House discussion on 6th October, 4 -5 PM

See you on 6th!

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

bottomsupeb
Community Member
Dear Amarjit
We want to sell all kinds of Taps - Bathroom taps, Kitchen Taps and Accessories. The listing for taps should be seperate and not in other things. India is a large producer and exporter of Bath Fittings and this should be promoted specially these days when there is a housing boom.
Best Wishes
Chitra
Message 61 of 73
latest reply

Dear Sir,
We could not prevent ourselves to point out one specific problem. Do we have any control over the foreign buyers when we put our listings in UK/USA sites? We give you a specific case:-
1. We listed a lot of East India Stamps (item no. 130017852164) in UK site 46 days back for a price of GBP150.00. We had 4/5 watchers of the item. We received an offer of GBP 50.00 for the item and we dicided to sale off the item at that price to some--( ailavia (anosh2001@hotmail.com))and sent the acceptance of his offer within the stipulated time and thus the sale was completed. Subsequent to receipt of our intimation for payment the buyer refused to pay on the plea that he is a student and can not pay. We opened a dispute and persuaded the buyer to pay us as we have sacrificed the other watchers and that final sale was completed and also pointed out the untruth with facts that the same buyer is buying many more items ( some costlier too) from other country sellers continuously. The buyer has last purchased Item number: 290030572256, for US $26.50
(Approximately Rs. 1,203.62)on 22-Sep-2006 05:36:37 IST competeng with 10 other bidders.
2. We request you to please see the dispute, which we have still kept open and allow us the refund of final value fee and take a punitive action agaist the defaulting buyer taking up the case with your UK site so that he can not befool other Indian Sellers.
Longing for a reply,
Regards,
laphilatelia
Message 62 of 73
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Amarjit Batra,

Hello,

Kindly refer to your reply at Post No.51

We know very well that ebay has the best experts in every department and can't go wrong as far as laws of the country are concerned.

Your one line reply ....

PaisaPay service is in full compliance with the foreign exchange laws in the country

..... may not be of much help to novice Sellers who are interested in International trade at individual level.

You may have protected yourself from all directions by being just as a service provider but a Seller can land himself in trouble because of incomplete knowledge.

A Seller has to inform RBI in a stipulated time that payments have been received against goods exported.

If the foreign currency is received in advance then also one has to inform RBI that the goods worth of that amount has been exported.

Since PaisaPay payments are received in Rupees (which may be a clubbed payment of domestic and International sale ), what documents do you provide to the Seller which certifies that ebay has received the foriegn currency on Seller's behalf ?

If you don't provide any such document then what's the correct procedure the Seller has to follow to comply with RBI rules ? How do we prove to RBI that foriegn currency has been received ?

Hope you will give an elaborate reply.

best regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 63 of 73
latest reply

sejob123
Community Member
dear sir,
i am eagerly waiting for your definitive reply.
i want to sell on ebay but my target customers are foreign buyers. so i want to offer paypal as a payment option. but i dont want to break forex rules.
can you take up the matter with paypal. i have written twice to paypal about this issue but havent received any reply.
do you think there is some rule under which export proceeds may be received in Rs.
regards.
Message 64 of 73
latest reply

sejob123
Community Member
dear sir,
is it possible for paypal to issue cheques in $ or to remit forex to indian sellers bank account directly through swift code?
can you cunsult indian authorities about this?
how can i offer paypal as a payment option to foreign buyers without breaking any law?
please provide a solution.
regards.
Message 65 of 73
latest reply

vastupyramidyantra
Community Member
Hello,
Sir
I want to open an account in paisapay. But I am not belong to a supported cities which are shows in a paisapay. I am live in ROORKEE (INDIA). Then, what I do for register in paisapay. I want to sell a religious yantra on EBAY.

NISHANT
Message 66 of 73
latest reply

Dear Amarjit Ji,
This is in reference to Posts from Indconcepts & Sejob123. I have one suggestion and complaint.

This is a major problem, and one solution is that PaisaPay and PayPal must issue FIRC (Foreign Inward Remittance Certificate) to those sellers who receive payments from International Buyers. This is the only document that can solve our problems.

I have discussed this issue at eBay seminar in Jaipur, but sorry to say, that your executives failed to answer my questions. Even they are not aware about the RBI Guidelines for Import and Export Trade.

I strongly feel that eBay should take necessary steps urgently.

Regards,
Ankur
Treasure Hut
Http://Stores.Ebay.In/TreasureHut-Net
Treasure Hut
Http://Stores.Ebay.In/TreasureHut-India
Message 67 of 73
latest reply

amarjitb2005@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear bottomsupeb

Since your target market is primarily International, you can sell bathroom fittings on ebay.com directly. Please go to ebay.com and post the listings under the category 'Home & Garden'> 'Bath'.

Else, You can do the same on eBay India site under 'Home, Decor & Fusnishings' > Bath, with a Worldwide shipping Option.

A good way to check out the category to list in is to see where other sellers are listing similar items.

Thanks
Amar

Thanks
Amar
Message 68 of 73
latest reply

amarjitb2005@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear vastupyramidyantra

PaisaPay services are offered for sellers in any of the cities supported by HDFC Bank. The list of supported cities can be found in the link http://pages.ebay.in/help/community/paisapay-supported-cities.html

Unfortunately Roorkee is not among the supported cities. As and when HDFC offers its services in more cities, we would be expanding the list. Till that time, you can explore if it is possible to run your business from a nearby city which is supported by HDFC.

Thanks
Amar

Thanks
Amar
Message 69 of 73
latest reply

amarjitb2005@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear laphilatelia

I appreciate your concern, and I do understand the frustration you as a seller will feel with non-paying buyer. I will advise you to file for Unpaid item process to ensure that you receive a final value fee credit. To know more about the process, click here - http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/unpaid-item.html.

If you can not file for FVF credit for any reason, I will suggest you write to UK customer support team and request them to review your case. They should be able to help you out.

Regarding the buyer, I would suggest, all of us happen to meet such kind of people in daily business. It is best to ignore them and move on. However, eBay does take action against buyers who regularly bid and do not pay. If a buyer receives lot of such UPI strikes, he can even get suspended from the site.

I know I was not able to provide the best answer, however, I hope this will help you receive your fee credit.

Thanks
Amar

Thanks
Amar
Message 70 of 73
latest reply