Inaccurate / misleading product descriptions

kapurk2000
Community Member
I am writing this to let out my frustration with generally inaccurate and misleading product descriptions on ebay India. This is specially true for electronic and computer items. Take a look at any vendor selling tablet computers and you will see what I mean. Most vendors have totally confusing and conflicting product specs. Take any vendor and you will find multiple specs for a single product on the same page, e.g. CPU speed is given as 1.0Ghz and then 1.5GHz in the next paragraph. Every vendor is advertising his tablet with GPS whereas 90% do not actually have GPS!!
I could go on and on but the point I want to make is that Ebay needs to look into such practices and pull up the vendors.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

That's a very good point you have raised. Most buyers are greedy and opt to buy from sellers who have no knowledge about the product only because it is cheap.

My advice has always been to buy from a good seller who knows his product well rather then buying from someone who sells cheap and has no idea about the product at all. Sadly most of the sellers on ebay fall in the 2nd category.
StopandShop
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

aditibhalerao
Community Member
I am writing this out of my observation for almost all the "deal of the day" products on EBAY India. For example, today's deal of the day is HTC Sensation which says the MRP is 36000 while ebay special price is 21000 for today. Now the HTC Sensation's MRP is not 36000. It is in the range of 21-22 which is not that below EBAY price. This is grossly wrong. This is as good as fooling customer into believing that ebay is giving it at that cheap rate.
I hope
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

aditibhalerao
Community Member
I am writing this out of my observation for almost all the "deal of the day" products on EBAY India. For example, today's deal of the day is HTC Sensation which says the MRP is 36000 while ebay special price is 21000 for today. Now the HTC Sensation's MRP is not 36000. It is in the range of 21-22 which is not that below EBAY price. This is grossly wrong. This is as good as fooling customer into believing that ebay is giving it at that cheap rate.

I hope EBAY will look into this.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply