Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

IVORY selling on ebay India inspite of reporting

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Check the listing of item no. 300081063114

Its actually part of Ivory sold in the name of Elephant Pearl. The description and certificates shown in the listing clearly mention this as Genuine Ivory.

I had reported about a similar item of the same seller directly to ebay, last week. Don't know how the seller can continue such listings even after that. May be the seller is not aware that its illegal to sell such Ivory products ( in ebay or anywhere else in India ). ebay should better explain the same to the seller and stop such listings.

Such products, if sold at such magnificent price , can once again trigger the mass killing of the already endangered Asian Elephants. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: IVORY selling on ebay India inspite of reporting

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Sorry , the item no. is 300098477647.

I reported against 300081063114 to ebay. Both are exactly the same. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi Swarup,
I may be excused.I got an old ivory laughing Buddha.Do you mean to say,I cant list that?But yesterday I saw deer horns are being packed for export.They say deers shed their horns.Dont understand this policy.Does it mean I cant list bird feather?Can you give a link sort of thing,so that pple know?I am interested to work on animal products.But I want to be on the right side of the international law.With my condition of heart I wont survive 24 hrs in lock up.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Dear Raha-da,

The current item no. is 300098477647. Its the same item with a 30 day listing.

Regarding your question, I think as per ebay rules it not permitted to sell Deer Horn / Bird feathers and definitely not Ivory products. Actually the problem is that Deer horns and Bird feathers fell off seasonally ( one can collect Ivory from a dead Elephant too ) but due to the greed often the hunters kill the live animals to get those. So people are trying to ban all such products to reduce the killings. The Govt. rules are complicated and better not to say that there are often ways to by pass rules if one is ready to pay some extra - its a pity and shame. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi Swarup,
Ivory is a very sesitive item.But,then again,Gambia culls elephants.
Let us forget about shed antlers which are absolutely non evasive.But what about leather products?That is a big money spinner.Also,there is no point wasting matured and shed bird feathers.
In Iceland they use a fan like woven bait made from pea fowl feathers for catching fish.I have seen this item being blocked by customs.
There are many anomalies in this law.
Man is a selfish animal.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Every living being deserves to live not only elephants. If people kill animals to sell their organs or for whatever monetary purpose is wrong then similarly animals killed for eating is also wrong. Stop eating animals be vegetarian. Animals killed for eating also deserve to live, why are they killed? For monetary reasons only. You eat so others kill them and serve you.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply