cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has eBay Guarantee Program Sidelined Sellers ?

Hi i have now came across many cases when buyers before leaving a negative or neutral feedback do not bother to call us email us for the problem they have..

they directly go to highly promoted eBay Guarantee page file a claim with a press of a button, Stay back & relax when we talk to the them (buyer's) they simply say eBay will resolve the matter talk to eBay for the feedback as well, Keep Mum they just do not give a damn to the same then,

Why do they do so ?

1)They know very well they will get the full refund from eBay

2)if a seller has a negative feedback what is harming them , nothing at all ....!!

3)Even if they do not ship the item back they get refund and keep the item as well .

NOTE ; Some buyers are also misusing the same system.

What is eBay doing ?

1) Refunding the buyer to resolve the claim & covering sellers under seller protection program keeping in mind the value of the item ... if its upto 100/- to 500/- they do it immediately if its high value they call the seller for the same for a replacement resolution etc..

2) Does not removes negative / neutral feedback's if the claim has been approved in favor of the buyer , money is refunded already.

Earlier buyers use to contact the sellers for resolutions if they were not give resolution then they left a feedback

what has all been the problem :
1) This program has side lined the sellers
2) The buyer seller communication at a point has come to Zero
3) Some buyers are notorious using this program for FUN

what resolution is required :

1) the buyers shall be asked to send the items back for replacement , you know nothing comes for free ...

2) the buyers shall first contact to the sellers through a resolution center forum with buyer if remained unsolved with a time line then the case should move to eBay Guarantee

Main thing is sellers shall at least get a chance to handle the issues face them and solve them ,

Please think over and reply to this discussion.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

gizmobhai
Community Member
i agree and second every point raised by the seller. buyer guarantee program has actually encouraged and promoted buyers to not take effort to resolve problems and leave negative feedbacks..
wish the brains at ebay have a re-look at the whole issue again soon
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I am also agree with this. eBay need to modified his rules. and also create a special desk for that where seller directly talk with eBay claim adjuster.
Lowprice_Online
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

frendz_shop
Community Member
You Are 100% Right....
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
I second u xlntbayer...

These days we are not being consulted and straightaway approving buyer's claim. eBay is totally buyer's world!

pethachi
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ for response to the discussion, while after this I am feeling it's a problem with all the sellers eagerly waiting for eBay now,
the process should be buyer should initially contact seller if he feels issue in not taken care off within a timeline eBay shall intervene as to sum up now sellers are not getting chance to resolve matter. Buyer seller communication is diminishing with the buyer protection program,

:-)seller protection is active but not once it comes to feedback even after the resolution of claim in buyers favor!:-(
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

We have been selling on eBay for years and now i feel that it is time to retire soon and look for alternate e-commerce portals. I have had bad experiences both as a seller and a buyer. As a seller we loose money and a buyer we again loose money as ebay cannot recover funds from small time sellers, who get feddbacks by buying 5-10Rs items. And then list high value goods at an attractive price and send out empty packages and are never to be seen with that id. And they keep comong back with false ids.
The kind of systems which were in place 2-3 years ago were the best for ebay marketplace.
I personally do not think it will be more than 1-2 years before ebay will loose its reputed sellers and the site would reduce what olx and quickr are doing.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I think more refunds means more confidence for buyers and more sales for sellers.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Sir Spl_ind refunds are fine with prior communication with sellers what we want for a flawless transaction is with positive feedback is communication whether it's prior or after the transaction.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

in_slim_shady
Community Member
the feedback is something that is based on true experience and not usually 'negotiated'. if as a seller you didn't meet expectation you are bound to know it. i would also like to highlight that there are more bully sellers on this platform than good ones. Hopefully, eBay India (very specifically) will wake up someday.

In any case, eBay has softest corner for all sellers and the -ve feedback is wiped out clean, so why bother!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply