cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent & unaccountable eBay India is nothing but a DALAL

rk.khushu
Community Member
I have been part of the key team of an organization that brought Internet to India on 15th August, 1995 and have seen its growth over the years. Online selling and buying portals have been one of the growing B2C industries.

It made buying & selling very easy for millions of customers. I have been very happy doing so with such portals but had not ever tried eBay until recently. Had heard and viewed adverse remarks about it but did not trust these without giving it a try.

TRUST ME, what all adverse I had heard of eBay, not only of India or Asia Region but eBay as an entity, proved to be CORRECT and is indeed shocking. My complaint No. 1-10205428961 of last week with it refers.

The modus operandi of using customer money for its business growth is evident from the following chronology and unfair trade practice -

1. You buy a product online and pay for it.

2. The product shows that the shipping is free but when you proceed to buy and submit it, the billing invoice generated includes handling / shipping charges that are not disclosed and are not even in fine print.

3. Even then you buy it and proceed to make the payment through its payment gateway (PaisaPay) claimed to be its Guarantor for your money. PaisaPay ID 33853831745

4. You are provided with the seller details etc. and the expected TAT.

5. In few days’ time when you check with the Seller about the product, you are told that the product has been shipped ( in my case on 16th of June, 2013 vide DTDC Courier Airway Bill No.Z92076849 ). Surprisingly, when you go to DTDC website to track it, the tracker doesn’t reveal you any information not even error 404 page.

6. It doesn't get delivered to you even after 8 days within the NCR region of Delhi. Seller is in Gurgaon and me as a buyer am in Noida. Ultimately, it never reaches you, proving that the shipment details provided to you are fake.

7. Then you will be asked through emails and SMS to confirm receipt of the product and if you do not confirm it within a week’s time, eBay will assume that you have received it already - VERY FUNNY !!. What if the buyer was travelling ?

8. You get an SMS to tell eBay of your buying experience with it by giving a miss call to a Mumbai landline numbers. If you dial a number where you have to say NO, you will get an acknowledgement SMS stating that eBay Executive will get in touch with you within 48 hours that never happens.

9. NOW IS THE QUESTION THAT I NEED TO ASK eBay India-

A) What is the sanctity of the Shipment details provided by it to the customer that include Courier Agency, Airway Bill No. and date of shipment etc. ? Why doesn't DTDC tracker work for these details that are unheard of ?? Where did it disappear ??? The fact is that it was not at all shipped and the details provided are all FAKE.

B) Why doesn't Seller pick the phone on the second instance when a customer follows up for its product? In my case it was Mr. Gaurav Sharma of vitalinfoway.

C) Why no response or acknowledgement to my emails having spoken to the Customer Services Executive as well as its Floor Supervisor ( Srinivas - Help Desk Floor Supervisor in this case )who asked me to write to him on an email id that I have been stopped to disclose here as another person’s email id although it belonged to eBay not any individual. I have been barred second time to post this feedback for obvious reasons by these dumb guys.

D) In the light of the substantiating circumstances that I have mentioned above, how can eBay India defend & claim that it has not indulged into Fraudulent Act and unfair trade practice by cheating an innocent buyer, punishable under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code ?

I leave it open to you all potential buyers of eBay who might still be very optimistic about it.

Sadly, disassociating myself with eBay, disappointed & cheated I am

RK Khushu

PS : Just to share with you guys that this post was removed by eBay immediately after I submitted it because it contained my email id and my contact mobile number. Second time also, this post was removed as it contained contact email id of eBay where I was asked to write. It should give you some insight into the business model of the eBay India that has indulged into unfair trade practice and cheating.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

vineethkbhat
Community Member
Well my experience with "ebay" will show you a different side! I have been a ebay user for few years now and I am not a trader or do business on ebay! I recently sold an item through ebay and am yet to receive the money from so called Paisa Pay guarantee system of ebay!

They charge exorbitant fee for this service and they their customer service sucks! They promise that they will revert at a given time and they dont!

They are enjoying cash floats in their bank accounts by delaying payment like this I guess! There is no way you can take these issues up to their higher authorities...

My payment is delayed for the last 7days and they still do not have a clue and nor are they bothered!

I was promised a revert with the feedback by EOD on 27th June 2013 and am still waiting!

I am keen to take them to court of law!
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you look at eBay as a marketplace you might get a few answers to your questions. Ebay in itself doesn't control what the seller is selling, how he's shipping, how honest he is etc.
Its like blaming GIP for some misdeed by Jumbo!

On the other hand, yes! eBay customer service can be quite slow at times.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

rk.khushu
Community Member
Amazingly, my refund has been kept on hold though I initiated it on 25th June, 2013. I am being told that the item has been delivered whereas I have been out of town and no details are being provided as to who received it ? At least not me or any of my family members have received it. The bottom line is that my money is at stake for nothing and it's a great learning as far as eBay India is concerned.

eBay suckkkkkkkksssssssss !!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply