Fraud from a Buyer

bharathiyam
Community Member
eBay Buyer - "ravi_v2010" bought a book from me sometimes on November 11, 2005 and received the money for the book from buyer through Paisapay also immediately. I sent the book also to the person.

And sometimes on December 5, 2005, i got a call from some person named Vikram saying that i have a sent a courier to them which doesnt belong to them and they confirm that there is no one by the name of the buyer in that locality. The next moment itself i send an email to the buyer explain about the incident and provided him the person's mobile number to contact him to get the book from him.

Meanwhile, after a good 1 Month, ebay send me an email saying that the buyer is a fraud and deducts an amount of Rs.655.00 minus there Final Value fee.

Now, i dont know how ebay can go wrong at this. eBay took a whole 1 month to inform me about this and now, i dont have the money and i dont the book also. But eBay has got back its money and its fee also.

Some how eBay had an happy end to the incident. Now, i dont what i should, i am completely lost out.

Any answers from eBay?
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Fraud from a Buyer

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi bharathiyam,

I am not sure about your case specifics, however, looks like the buyer did a chargeback on you.

A chargeback happens when a buyer pays via creadit card and later claims to his credit card comapny that he had not paid for the product.

Such instances are not in control of either the seller or eBay. However, all Paisa Pay credit card transactions are covered for chargeback. All the seller needs to do is write to PaisaPay and provide them with POD of the item.

You may contact the PaisaPay department by following tthe steps mentioned below:

http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html
Selling and Fees (Continue)>>> PaisaPay transactions>>> Chargeback Related Query

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 2 of 2
latest reply