cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fraud Buyers are getting more and more. Please help me out

snrama
Community Member
Hi All,

I am getting many orders with fake address and phone numbers. I think some persons are doing this intentionally.

I request eBay team to safe guard all the sellers from these fake ids.

I also request other sellers to post the same if you are facing the same issues.

Also, I reported the 3rd id to eBay and hence they haven't taken any action.

1. Item No: 270258480287, Buyer ID: ecom_n

Address:

nanda jain
shirpur
shirpur, MH 425405
India

2. Item No: 280249090913, Buyer ID: amit_jain15

Address:

amit jain
-, -
-, - -
India

3. Item No: 270257208352, Buyer ID: mpj_info1

Address:

man jos
hhjkh jh jkh kh jkh
jhjk jkhjkhjkh kjhjkh
gfggfg, MH 411003
India
jhjk jkhjkhjkh kjhjkh ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

It seems that again the phone verification process is not working during registration of new eBay member.

T&S Team should look into the matter with immediate effect. Otherwise there will be an increase in the list of fraud members on eBay.

Regards,

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

earningcow
Community Member
e bay team should treat it very serious please
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

bkmishrarourkela
Community Member
Many times the fack bidders are increasing the bid amount and the real bidder who is genuine is loosing money as he has to pay much more than the cost of the product.
Secondly cheap chinese products are offered and at a heafty cost. without any documentations or manual it becomes difficult to use. most of the time it is useless prodyuct. ebay should not allow such things to be on the product list.
b.k.mishra
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I do not know as a seller I never faced any fake buyer or bidder. My point is if you feel suspicious about anyone just alert the eBay guys.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Navneeth (snrama),

Thank you for highlighting these IDs which you found to be suspicious and I've escalated them to our team. I'd like to call out that necessary actions will be taken against them upon reviewing.

In regards to conducting checks and balances to ensure that fake bidders don't spoil the platform, I'd like to reiterate that all the necessary processes are working fine. We do understand the criticality of the issue here and would do our best to take the necessary steps.

Please feel free to report such user IDs if found suspicious through Contact Us and if deemed fit we would certainly do the needful.

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Navneeth (snrama),

This is to update you that the necessary actions have been taken as communicated to you in my previous post :-).

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

goadigital
Community Member
I got one too recently!X-(

Here are the details: Item no: 150287129976
Buyer ID: simar1911(0)

Address: hgdt gfdgdfg
fdgfdsg.hdge
hgdfhfh, AN 140047
India

I wish i could block such buyers.

All the money i spend on promoting the item will go waste as even if eBay refunds my listing cost, i've spent a lot on the auction that cost me Rs.313. Such buyers decimate our profits. They should be blocked.
Maybe eBay should not allow indian buyers to buy unless the address has been verified on phone and bank details have been verified.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Dear All,

Since 3-4 months, it has become a cancerous problem. More than 50% Indian bidders with 0 Ratings have flooded in Ebay, become Registered Users and bidding recklessly. This was never in the past except a few. This is a new phenomeon in Ebay system.

We accept that New user should come and they will start from 0 rating but there must be a Check on Registration Process to stop these users keeping in mind the New trend. They are bidding - after sale ends, we have to keep the product aside for 15 - 20 days, Ebay charge us the Fees, we wait for 7 days to file UPI, go on paying Ebay Fees unneccesarily, again after waiting for 7 days we claim for FVF. These all efforts are useless and wastage of Time, Money and Energy.

Please find out some practical solution to stop this New VIRUS.

Thanking You,
Ashok Agarwal
Proprietor
Sitare_Jewels
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

selling24x7
Community Member
The whole thing dates back 3 years now...

SNP
Fake Buyers
Sniping of sellers...

eBay get Well Soon
Message 10 of 26
latest reply